I've been playing guitar for a year now, and I want to buy a guitar

During this year i've evolved very well, I think. I don't know what to explain about my skills and I feel selfish if I just write down everything I can xD. But when people, who also play guitar, asks they get surprised when I say i've been playing for "only" a year.

My budget is about 422 USD/268 EUR, but I'm not from the US and I don't know if guitars are cheaper or more expensive in US compared to Europe xD.

I play various styles to improve my guitar abilities at the moment, but prefer to play metal and rock - Mostly rock. :b.
I think that's the info you need, ask if you need to know more .
I don't have that much knowledge in guitar-brands and such.
But I do know that a Les Paul is relatively expensive >_> Or should I get an Epiphone ?
Yes it would be the best if you buy your guitar from Epiphone!
Last edited by BodomTerror at Apr 18, 2008,
I think these bands pretty much sums up what rock i like to play:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Trapt (Headstrong is a good example if you don't know the band)
AC/DC
Soil
Led Zeppelin

I don't know all the rock sub-genres in english xD
I was also looking at some Ibanez guitars, but do they have any cheaper brand name like Fender has Squier, Gibson - Epiphone and so on?
Last edited by dogmax at Apr 18, 2008,
... no I think there´s no cheaper brand of Ibanez! Maybe you look at Jack & Danny guitars .. they´ve got a good quality and are cheap...
I've heard that "Don't buy a guitar because of the looks!" -thing a lot, but there's no way in hell I'm going with a LP or something because.. To be honest I really dislike the looks of it and I don't want that, to drag the "my first guitar" thing down :P

Not to chop your hand, I really appreciate what you're doing, but the LP style is not what I'm looking for .

Actually I was looking at the SG, because it seems appealing to my style is it true? Or should i stick with Ibanez?
I found this guitar and I hope you can tell me if that's too heavy or what it is, so i can create a picture of what I'm looking for

It's an Ibanez RG470
It has 2x Humbuckers + 1x Singlecoil and Floyd Rose tremolo.

About the SG.
I've heard a lot of complaints about getting "the wrong" Epiphone SG.
So if it comes to getting a SG, what should i look for xD?

( - Yes I'm God damn confused atm xD!!)
Last edited by dogmax at Apr 18, 2008,
I always recommend guitars with both humbucker and single-coil tones for beginners/first time guitar buyers. These provide the most tonal versatility. I prefer my cheapo Peavey Generation EXP, but there's always the Fat Strat and the many Ibanez models with S/S/H pick-ups. Good luck!
Thanks a lot !
Sorry for posting late, but I had to do some family stuff :p.
get the epiphone g400. btw dont forget about the amp.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by fifer
get the epiphone g400. btw dont forget about the amp.

This.

And what guitar were you playing before you planned to get this? Air guitar?