ive recently started playin bass and ive lent my mates bass(its a shine one) until i get my own.

the problem is i have little hands and find it abit difficult at times moving around the lower notes quickly coz of my gay little hands.

so the question is, what basses have the least distance between the frets or do all basses have a universal distance between them??

i hope this makes sense to you all.

thanks
try a scaled down version?
3/4th size or something......
the fret distance depends on the scale FYI
im looking at epiphone basses to get meself started, do they tend to have a longer scale than a fender for example??
Most basses are 34", but if you look you can find any scale length from 30" to 38".

I suggest you don't get an Epiphone bass - they are universally terrible.
what bass would you recomend for a starter then?

dont wanna spend too much on me 1st one but want it to be decentish

cheers
I'd suggest you have a good read of the Bass FAQ. I'd also suggest you try some more 34" basses to see if you're sure you couldn't get used to it - there's a hell of a lot more choice if you play 34" scale and there are a few users here (anarkee, for example) who regret learning on a short scale bass.
Quote by smb
I suggest you don't get an Epiphone bass - they are universally terrible.

+1

I would say though: suck it up and play; one of smallest people I know in high school played bass and she was damn good, just practice and you'll be fine.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by stevie_melvin
how do i work out the scale of the bass im playin athe the minute??

Measure from the nut to the bridge.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.