Hey guys, would anyone know why my music is lagging and skipping? For no reason really, well when its loading a web page, this has never happened before, im using iTunes, and its really frustrating.. And i usually know whats going on, and i know a fair bit about computers sometimes but this eludes me...
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

I believe it might be your HDD,

I had an external one that held all of my music, it did this same thing when it got to hot,

So run your PC without the music playing for a while, and listen for some very loud (in comparison) clicks...

If yes, I suggest immediate back up, followed by new HDD.

If no, then...

Aids?
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
my songs dont skip but my movies and music vids do but the overall perfromance is generally laggy. i have upwards of 2000 songs so it probably lags if you have quite a bit. maybe it needs more RAM or memory or some computer stuff
Are you using FireFox?

Edit: Is it only with iTunes that your videos are skipping? Have you tried something with a smaller footprint like Media Player Classic or VLC? Try one of them and see if it's still happening..
blame itunes.. it sucks lol
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Im using itunes with just music.. Im running IE7... I think ill do without the music for a while.. I have been installing programs and deleting stuff all day..
EDIT: My pc hd always makes soem degree of noise when loading something, not lud clicks though, its always been that way
EDIT2: I have over 2000 songs in my itunes so theres no way im moving to windows media player, i tried that, and verey song is by "Unknown artist" god damn..
Quote by MoshPitRock
ANIMALS LIE DOWN.
that's just what they do.
there's probably humans doing the same thing.
quit being so paranoid.

Last edited by Teh_Asian_Pro at Apr 18, 2008,
I've had similar problems for a long while until I kicked the complete Java Runtime Environment. I reinstalled it later and the lagging never came back.
Quote by Teh_Asian_Pro
Im using itunes with just music.. Im running IE7... I think ill do without the music for a while.. I have been installing programs and deleting stuff all day..
EDIT: My pc hd always makes soem degree of noise when loading something, not lud clicks though, its always been that way
EDIT2: I have over 2000 songs in my itunes so theres no way im moving to windows media player, i tried that, and verey song is by "Unknown artist" god damn..

It's not Windows Media Player, it's the stripped down unofficial version of 6 I think. Try it for your videos. iTunes is a massive user of resources, this could be your problem.

I'm not suggesting you stop listening to music in iTunes, but use something with a smaller footprint than what you are using at the moment..