Ok first, I'm running Windows Vista on my new laptop. On my old computer I was able to plug a cord from my Digitech RP70 through my mic input on my PC. When I played my guitar I would be able to hear it through my speakers and record at the same time. I'm still able to record but I'm not able to hear what exactly I'm recording as I'm recording (hope that made sense) I have to stop the recording and play it back to hear what I recorded.

Now since I have this new pc it won't work like my old one did. Any suggestions? I checked through my mic/speaker settings and can't find anything that could be causing the problem. I'm also using Cool Edit Pro 2 (Adobe Audition) so any help would be appreciated, thanks.
myspace.com/realignedriffs
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby
have you tried chaning the settings via the control panel?
change your settings in control panel and run to the blue line in instead of the mic port, you dont need the preamp...

anyways you will get loads of latency so layering anything and even playing with a delayed monitor will really mess with you, I suggest just getting a simple interface like the m-audio Fast Track USB...or E-MU 0202/0404
For a start, use the Line In, not the mic input. Make sure the playback volume in the control panel isn't muted, then you should hear the original signal back through the speakers.

Of course, that's only what you'd do for XP, for all I know Vista is completely different. Personally, I think it's a complete pain in the arse.
Well from what I can see I only have a mic jack and a headphone jack on my laptop. I checked my settings in control panel the other day, next time I try to record I'll check it out again but other than that I don't know what I could do besides buying some kind of usb device to plug my gear in.
myspace.com/realignedriffs
myspace.com/anthony4458

Equipment:
Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt Top
GHS Boomers 0.11
VOX AD50VT
Digitech Rp70
Dunlop CryBaby