right, im saving up for a new guitar, and i change my tuning alot, and im not sure if i should choose a guitar that has a floyd rose because of this, so how much of a hassle is it to change tuning when you've got a floyd rose?

sorry for the dumb question
Changing tunings often for a Floyd Rose is gonna f*** you over.

Aside from it being harder to tune than a regular guitar, you need to adjust the bridge every time you do it so that the tension is good.

Just get a string thru or something.
if you change from a standard to a drop tuning (such as standard to drop d) i advise gettting a drop d tuna, but you will have to block the trem
no floyd rose for me then XD

i find de-tuning my strat annoying already, >.<

now to find a decent string through guitar.
If you have the cash flow and it's absolutely essential that you have a Floyd Rose - buy a guitar for every tuning you use.

Steady cash flow really is essential to this though...
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
I'll do that, lemme just rob a bank first, then you can give me a list of the guitars

XD
It's a pain in the butt...gets tedious. My FR geetar is tuned to Drop Db, and it's staying that way, because I will not fiddle with the set-up anymore, it's driving me mad >.<
its a nightmare. enough for me to be saving up for a hardtail even though the guitar i have now is fine. the undoing of the locking nut and constant readjusting of the bridge drives me nuts.
^If set up and locked tightly, it won't go out of tune for a few weeks even with abuse.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.