I know i've posted stuff like this a million times before but I'm trying to get a better idea of new amps. Have you guys got any suggestions for tight, aggressive, thrashy Heavy Metal amps?? Cheeeeeeeeeeeers
Engl Fireball.
JCM 800 + tubescreamer.
Peavey 5150/6505.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
Engl Fireball.
JCM 800 + tubescreamer.
Peavey 5150/6505.

This.
yeh? cheers man, what do you guys think of the Mark IV and the Randall RM100?? I've got a triple rec with a od808 out front and a tl audio tube parametric eq in the FX loop, just wanna try out some new stuff though, it's not quite tight enough
yeh? cheers man, what do you guys think of the Mark IV and the Randall RM100?? I've got a triple rec with a od808 out front and a tl audio tube parametric eq in the FX loop, just wanna try out some new stuff though, it's not quite tight enough
Well what exactly are you asking. What kind of tone are you looking for (name bands), what price do you WANT to spend, not what you can spend. What guitar do you have, what kind of band do you play in, etc. Ill be able to give you plenty of advice from there.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Not to forget the Uberschall
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by ChucklesMginty
If you want loud go for a fender frontman.

Obvious troll is obvious. Or, deluded user is deluded.
Mesa Boogie Rectifier or Bogner Uberschel amp

or for something cheeper.

Line 6 Spider Valve or Spider III
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v442/Han/banner_synyster.gif[/IMG]

"He who makes a beast out of himself, Gets rid of the pain of being a man."
Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country

Schecter Synyster
Schecter C1-FR
Line 6 Spider II Amp
tone wise, metallica black album tightness with the low end of newer killswitch. i've got two ESP MX250II's , my band's basically the above, thrash but with catchy stuff, like I said i've got a TR but it's not got the tightness there.... Up to $4000, I'm in the UK so getting amps from the states works out for me
Mesa Roadking.
Quote by tarlkea
When I say offensive I mean offensive like dressing up as superman in a wheel chair offensive, not penis suit offensive.
Quote by ollievk
tone wise, metallica black album tightness with the low end of newer killswitch. i've got two ESP MX250II's , my band's basically the above, thrash but with catchy stuff, like I said i've got a TR but it's not got the tightness there.... Up to $4000, I'm in the UK so getting amps from the states works out for me

Well KsE, or at least Joel Stroetzel, use Framus Cobras but if you can spend just about anything you really should look around a lot and try as many amps as possible; beyond a certain point in price you really can't go wrong beyond buying the wrong amp because they're all good.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Soldano SLO
Soldano Decatone
Diezel VH4
Laboga Mr. Hector
Etc...

There's a hundred different answers to your question, but none of them really say anything unless you go track them down and play them. The VH4 was probably the "tightest" sounding amp I've ever messed with and possibly the most versatile. The Soldanos are very user friendly, easy to incorporate into virtually any rig and a breeze to dial in. The Laboga is a tad less expensive and has a lot of Mesa-like tone qualities but suffers from being terribly difficult to dial in.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Framus Cobras are good but theyre really poorly made. I would go for a Roadking or a Diezel maybe...

Actually a Bogner Uberschall would be the best if you wanna drop all that cash.
Quote by tarlkea