Page 1 of 4
I found this quite hummorous. The other day somebody started a forum talking about the most annoying things people do in guitar stores, probably about two thirds of the people said they were annoyed when some kid walked in and turned up their amp, and started playing either Iron man, crazy train, sweet child of mine or smoke on the water. Well during my second visit to guitar center yesterday, I was waitng for my reciept to be printed out, my ears started to ring when those infamous notes from crazy train begin to be played through some of the muddiest tone and worst timing ive heard, I look over and I see some kid trying to play them on a fender strat and couldnt help but just smile knowing that he doesnt even realise that hes making himself look like a kook right now. Probably didn't help either when he yealled to the employee that he couldnt figure out how to turn the amp off. Ahhhh, isn't the world great.
lol
i must agree, ive seen that it its always a knee slapper when the child starts getting dirty looks
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
When I go to Guitar stores I make it a point to play those types of riffs because I know it gets stupid people riled up.

And I have no real reason being in a guitar store anyway.

We've all had embarassing guitar moments

Quote by Bushinarin
Oi, too many guitar center threads.

But never enough penis threads.

While I'm here- does anyone think it'd be a good idea to make an MS Paint a UGer thread? Or would it bomb?
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Quote by Hobolad

While I'm here- does anyone think it'd be a good idea to make an MS Paint a UGer thread? Or would it bomb?

I think it'd work for 3-4 pages atleast.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
i hate all you retarded shredders who come in and think you rock because you can double tap and shred all across the fretboard.....

ok.. youre fast.

wheres the style? wheres the feeling?

wheres the melody that isnt a damn-close running of a scale?

i make fun of those losers the moment i hear that ****...

last time i said something some dude handed me the sh|t Flying V and said "what can you do?"

i played a real quick blues prog and like two turnarounds that ive warped to be original.

the dude walked off before i was done.. leaving my friends laughing as i faded from Bm7 to Em.
-- blues own all.
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Hobolad

The penis threads vary, the guitar center threads are all the same... generally.

The MSPaint a UGer would be cool, but I never partake in them.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by Early Cuyler
i hate all you retarded shredders who come in and think you rock because you can double tap and shred all across the fretboard.....

ok.. youre fast.

last time i said something some dude handed me the sh|t Flying V and said "what can you do?"

i played a real quick blues prog and like two turnarounds that ive warped to be original.

the dude walked off before i was done.. leaving my friends laughing as i faded from Bm7 to Em.
-- blues own all.

You're just as closed minded as they are.
Quote by Mind Kill
...Pointless thread?

...pointless post?

I always see this which is why i try to use other stores around me. it's not so much because the kids annoy me, but because I hate being stereotyped as one of them.
If they're just testing out a guitar to buy- what emotion are they gonna be able to conjure anyway? It's hardly an emotional moment. They could fake it with bends and blues notes I guess, but is that emotion?

I think it'd work for 3-4 pages atleast.

Not too bad I guess.

If anyone else wants to make it feel free- I'm too nervous after all the pre-thread hype.
Quote by aaron13
Quote by Early Cuyler

ok.. youre fast.

-- blues own all.

What's that? You're jealous? Don't worry, you can be that good someday if you try hard.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Early Cuyler

ok.. youre fast.

-- blues own all.

I was about to post a massive rant about this, but I'm not even gonna bother.
Quote by Hobolad

Should work for a couple of pages, though I expect it to become a Kensai-fest (all threads somehow do) coupled with alot of bad penis paintings. Should give me a good laugh, methinks.
In conclusion: DO IT!
Quote by Ichimaru
What's that? You're jealous? Don't worry, you can be that good someday if you try hard.

Feel > Technical ability a lot of the time.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Feel > Technical ability a lot of the time.

Technical ability =\= No Feeling.
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Feel > Technical ability
It's more like:
technical ability + theory knowledge = Ability to express feeling

Some people tend to mistake vibrato and the occasional bending for 'feel'.

(I am not trying to take the piss out of you, I'm just stating my oppinion.)
Quote by Small Print
Technical ability =\= No Feeling.

QFT

Look at it this way, lots of classical music like bach etc is like metal when played on guitar because of how fast it is, dont deny that classical music has great feeling

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
yah, to the jckass making fun of shredders, im not a fan of shred either and i ove blues, but, you look like a jackass and by denomination other blues players...
there is some good shredd out there, and some bad, just like ANY GENRE THERES GOOD STUFF AND HORRIBLE STUFF, GET OVER IT.

it's preference, theres no law about what you play or listen to.
Boo-F**King-Hoo
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Early Cuyler

ok.. youre fast.

-- blues own all.
I'm friends with the owner of our local music store. We laugh quietly to ourselves at the little shred-heads. We laugh harder at the morons who engage them in "guitar wars".
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
One time I was at GC testing out a bass with my dad. I was doing a little slapping unamped just to see if I liked the feel of it and I broke a string and it hit my dad square in the nuts. That was the first time I'd ever had a violent string break so I laughed my ass off.
Quote by max355
Hating the 49rs is like hating the retarded kid in class.

The Cowboys, weed, and bass. My three loves
Ummm so its cool to come onto a message board and bash a kid who is trying to learn to play the guitar. Because this doesn't make YOU look dumb or anything.
Quote by CryingAlone
lots of classical music like bach etc is like metal when played on guitar because of how fast it is

LOL..

i love when dumb shredders say their crap is "Like beethoven" "Like classical"

no it is not.

yes theyre both fast.... but nothing else.

also, multiple-lulz at all the lil shreddies who try to say something about me being jealous, or not as good, or whatever...

Metal sucks. Period.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm friends with the owner of our local music store. We laugh quietly to ourselves at the little shred-heads. We laugh harder at the morons who engage them in "guitar wars".

i love u in a nonhealthy way, someoneyouknew.

edit: to the user above me, metal owns ur soul
Quote by Early Cuyler

ok.. youre fast.

-- blues own all.

Sociopath much? Haha..
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

maybe you should read my entire post instead of bolding the parts you want...

he engaged me.

i knew (cause i too know scales.. i just dont run them retardedly) that i could best him... so i grabbed the guitar.

im not gonna go around dueling anyone... but if a dude challenges me i sure as fvck am not going to back down.
Quote by King Twili

Quote by Zaphikh

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by Early Cuyler

also, multiple-lulz at all the lil shreddies who try to say something about me being jealous, or not as good, or whatever...

Metal sucks. Period.

Oh of course, how could I forget? Your opinion is so much more valid than everyone else's.
If you're going to bash and entire genre because you think has no 'feeling', maybe you should actually try listening to it instead of coming on here making a fool out of yourself because you're too narrow-minded to appreciate styles of music other than what you like.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by jackfromcs
You're just as closed minded as they are.

exactly.

they could OWN your ass if it was a shredding contest... besides in my opinion a good guitarist should not stick to just one genre and play that.

a good guitarist should perfect everything, from blues to metal.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by Early Cuyler
maybe you should read my entire post instead of bolding the parts you want...

he engaged me.

i knew (cause i too know scales.. i just dont run them retardedly) that i could best him... so i grabbed the guitar.

im not gonna go around dueling anyone... but if a dude challenges me i sure as fvck am not going to back down.

i almost want to sig that.
This is hilarious! Cuyler I think you got the 6 in your birth date upside down

All metal is good, in that all music is good- to at least one person. And that's all that matters right?

i almost want to sig that.

Do it! It's even funnier out of context, with all the bolds and such.
Quote by aaron13
Quote by Ichimaru
Oh of course, how could I forget? Your opinion is so much more valid than everyone else's.
If you're going to bash and entire genre because you think has no 'feeling', maybe you should actually try listening to it instead of coming on here making a fool out of yourself because you're too narrow-minded to appreciate styles of music other than what you like.

Yeah man, I actually started getting pissed off myself then I realized how wrong I was. I was a fool to let myself go on, had I recognized his infinite wisdom
Quote by Oblivion_Rps

nah, a good guitarist can play any technique...

A good MUSICIAN is someone who can apply what they know to any genre.

It's more important to be a good musician than a guitarist.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
exactly.

they could OWN your ass if it was a shredding contest... besides in my opinion a good guitarist should not stick to just one genre and play that.

a good guitarist should play exactly wat they want and no less.
[/debate]
Quote by Hobolad
This is hilarious! Cuyler I think you got the 6 in your birth date upside down

All metal is good, in that all music is good- to at least one person. And that's all that matters right?

Do it! It's even funnier out of context, with all the bolds and such.

okay! *sigs*
Quote by Early Cuyler
LOL..

i love when dumb shredders say their crap is "Like beethoven" "Like classical"

no it is not.

yes theyre both fast.... but nothing else.

Metal sucks. Period.

YOU ARE WRONG.

Metal does not suck. It is a different way of expressing different emotions.

That said, you can fake metal (see- nu-metal/others), but you can't fake the blues and get away with it. Sounds to me like you are a faker.

Emotion isn't absent in speedy playing. You just don't identify with it.

Personally when discussing the 'emotion' of music, I tend to think dynamics, as in allegro, crescendo, decrescendo(there is another word for it but I can't think of it), and retardando.

Listen closely to blues and maybe you can understand what I mean.
Page 1 of 4