I didn't really notice it until my friend told me, but on my guitar whenever I play on the low strings the sound is really noticeable when my fingers move across them. If I was playing something like

6th ---1----5---7---9---

If I were playing this, whenever I'd move up a fret the string scraping against my finger is really loud, and comes through my amp. Are there any remedies to this?

I own an Ibanez Iceman ICT700, if that matters.
Thicker strings (6, 5, 4). They have ridges, so there is going to be some noise.

However, are you MOVING up/down frets or are you SLIDING?

If sliding ignore it. Its part of the sound of the music.

If moving, get your timing down, relieve pressure on the fret till it stops ringing (mute) then hover you fretting hand ever so slightly above the strings and move to the next fret. Reapeat....

You just need to hone your technique. That comes with time.
Quote by Axe Murderer
Thicker strings (6, 5, 4). They have ridges, so there is going to be some noise.

However, are you MOVING up/down frets or are you SLIDING?

If sliding ignore it. Its part of the sound of the music.

If moving, get your timing down, relieve pressure on the fret till it stops ringing (mute) then hover you fretting hand ever so slightly above the strings and move to the next fret. Reapeat....

You just need to hone your technique. That comes with time.

moving up/down yeah

thanks for the advice
Quote by nouOU
moving up/down yeah

thanks for the advice

NP

Oh yeah. You dont HAVE to mute the string though. I was just trying to show the difference between sliding from fret to fret as opposed to moving.

Moving is stacatto. Sliding is legato and will give you string squeak ^ depending on the strings you are on.