Okay. so my 18th this year. a more special present.

I want a Orange Rocker 30 but when i tell my parents this they are dumbfounded, they think amplifiers are just mindless hardware.

They go on about how, well in 2years time a new one will come out and you'll just want that!

They d'ont understand GOOD musical equipment appriciates value with age!

How can i convince my parents this is a good musical investment and that its worth an 18th present?
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
Use the example of a vintage Marshall Plexi; those are worth a pretty penny now and are sought after but players the world over: once you've found good tone it's always going to be good.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Take them with you to a guitar store that carries the amp, with salespeople around the age of your parents. Have them convince your parents, it'll be much easier
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
i mentioned how my old guitar teachers dad saw an amp in a charity shop and bought it for him as a little present, didnt cost much.

turned out to be an original Vox AC30!

Lets just say he plans to retire on the funds he gets from selling it. haha.
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
Honestly, that amp will most likely never go up in value. So your big argument is rubbish.

If they don't want to buy you the amp then that's their choice, it's their money.

Ask them for money and save for the amp yourself.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by Ventor
Take them with you to a guitar store that carries the amp, with salespeople around the age of your parents. Have them convince your parents, it'll be much easier

Just play through the Orange and a s*** amp and see if they appreciate the difference in sound.

That's how I got my parents on board to part with the funds for a new amp
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
Hmm. I would have been lucky to get half a valveking from my parents, for any occassion.

Surely a used JCM800 combo would be more reasonable, and similar in tone?
you'll probably appreciate the amp a whole lot more if you save up for it, and buy it with your own money.
Tell them that it's your birthday after all you can wish for what you want. If they don't care about amplifiers that's their thing, but if you want an amp, you should be able to say what you want, after all it's YOUR birthday!

And tell them that the Rocker 30 is among the best amps in the world, if you want to take myself as an example, I have played and owned MANY MANY MANY amps and will NEVER, NEVER sell my Rocker 30.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
It's ridiculous for someone to spend £600 on a birthday present unless they're rolling in money. They probably have more of a problem with the cost of the thing than the fact that it's an amp.

Ask for the money they'd spend on your present, if you need more save it up yourself.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by maisey ferret
Okay. so my 18th this year. a more special present.

I want a Orange Rocker 30 but when i tell my parents this they are dumbfounded, they think amplifiers are just mindless hardware.

They go on about how, well in 2years time a new one will come out and you'll just want that!
They d'ont understand GOOD musical equipment appriciates value with age!

same with mine!