I'm in need of some new pots in my Warmoth LP. Right now, there is a pretty obvious grounding problem and the pots are just scratchy in general. How much, on average, am I looking to spend to have my guitar re-wired with 4 new pots? (any shop recommendations in OC would be great, too )

It's also probably due for a complete setup, so i'd probably get that taken care of, too.
Soldering iron - $15
Solder - $3
New 500k pots - $20
Short roll of wire - $2

I figure about forty bucks.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
It seems like he don't want to do it himself. so above is pretty useless
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Yeah, i'd rather find a shop to do it for me. Still hoping to get a rough estimate so I don't get ripped off..
I just paid $65.00 to get some new pots and input jacks put in a epi lucille.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
20$ for a 500K POT!!! no way...you can get them for less then half that price...

mouser.com has a ton of choics

My PRS needs a new volume POT, its getting a little scratchy...are they all 500K Audio taper pots or should I look in my guitar to see what I have?
Check out what your PRS has. They use some pretty high quality components, so I would order a replacement from them before I used anything else.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
if your pot is scratchy then just get some electronics cleaning spray, cuz that's what the tech is going to use, and he's gonna charge you at least $50 bench time
Usually $65.00 bucks.. Most people charge by the hour, usually takes an hour.

Pots also run about $5.00 Bucks if your know were to get them and thats running Alpha pots which are pretty nice. I use them in everything.

Also im a Tech and do this on a daily basis...
Quote by sethp
if your pot is scratchy then just get some electronics cleaning spray, cuz that's what the tech is going to use, and he's gonna charge you at least $50 bench time

Also +1

Everything is minimum charge of an hour labor. And contact cleaner is about 10 bucks and works 99% of the time on scratchy pots.. Give it a try, at most you might have to take the pot apart and clean it with really well. But usually a squirt in the hole and a few twists of the shaft and your good to go..
Quote by sethp

I will have to try that...

I have a cheap PRS so its probably got some POT from a strat or something.
What kind of PRS do you have?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
How can you know if a pot is dying out? My jackson's volume pot is scratchy as hell and on a certain part when turning it down it buzzes like hell.... HELP PLEASE!!!
Spinal Tap:
You would, though, if it were playing, because it really... it's famous for its sustain...I mean, you could, just hold it....