I am wanting to start playing along with more Behemoth tunes.
I know a couple albums use D tuning, but let's face it, most tabs on here have the stuff from the newer albums, so I think it was done in C#.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway,
Just wondering what gauge people use for the lower stuff, specifically C#.

I am used to playing in D tuning, I think I have been using .10 - .52.

And if anyone likes to play around with old Sepultura stuff like from Arise or Chaos AD, I would be interested to know what gauge you use too.

THANKS
for C# I would recommend at least 0.11 or thicker
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
10-52 will work for lower tunings. I would personally put as high was 13's if I was playing that low, but I use 11's in standard, so yeah.
You use a 52 for D? THat's heavy for that high of a tuning. I use a 52 for C and a standard 10 set for D. If you like your strings on the tighter side, a set of 11's will do fine for Db (C#). Keep in mind also that you'll have to re-set the intonation at the bridge if you're switching tunings in order for the guitar to intonate properly.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I tend to favor heavier gauge strings and use 12-56's for C and C# standard tuning. You can realistically get away with something a bit smaller, but try to go for something with thicker than typical low strings as some 11 gauge string sets come with bottom strings as small as 46.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Well I think it is the .52 I use, it may be a .50. It has been way too long since I have gotten new strings.

I just don't want to bend the neck if I get a big gauge. Sometimes a buddy uses my guitar when I am not around and he may tune it back up to D or something.
Just rather play it safe you know.
I play old Sepultura with Standard E tuning...

They also got those ernie ball "skinny top/heavy bottom" strings, they're 52-10
for D, a set of 11 - 50 should work just fine. for C or lower no less than 54. for the thickest string should be used.
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
I play in B on one of my guitars and it has the Ernie Ball "not even slinkys" on it and they are fine. I believe they are 56-12 or so. I forget.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.