Im thinking of getting an esp viper 500 but the thing is its not available anywhere close enough for me to go and try it out, therefore meaning i have to get it off the net. So i wanted you guys who are lucky enough to own one already to say is it worth getting this guitar ?
Here's the skinny on it.

Nice guitar, but neck heavy (SG type heavy), so expect it to nose dive when you stand unless you constantly brace it with your fret hand. Some people (me) find that annoying.

THe neck is thicker - defiantely not an Ibanez wizard or even ESP's other model thin - comparative to a newer les paul's, not the slim 60's neck. Like a thick strat's but a tad wider on the fretboard.

The strap lock for the neck horn is on the back of the guitar - it'll roll on you slightly when standing. AGain - preference.

The neck is smooth as silk - I actually prefer the fretboard to most of ESP's other models. The frets are xl and take to large slides nicely - bends are easy even in the upper register. The upper frets are easy to reach, if not a little put off by the heel o fthe neck, and completely playable with some 'getting used to'.

The pickups aren't that great, but most stock pickups aren't. They're a hell of a lot better than any of Ibanez or BC Rich stocks, though. You'll be able to play them until you can afford a switchout.

The hardware is good and reliable. IT's a road dog guitar - tank quality.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
i've got a friend with the Viper 200-FM, which is essentially the same in terms of playability. it does feel nice, but the strap button location tends to cause neck dive, so you may want to drill a new hole for that if that bugs you, and i personally am not a fan of the 24.75" neck scale, so i'm not the biggest fan. but it is a nice guitar, and it plays well, holds tune, etc.
dst127 wrote:
Soundwash22 wrote:
Fred Durst is the Tom Green of music

No, some people actually like Tom Green.

dancesisidance wrote:
Shiroshu wrote:
I can't see Jimi approving of this.

Me neither, due to him not being alive and all.
Quote by strat0blaster

The pickups aren't that great, but most stock pickups aren't. They're a hell of a lot better than any of Ibanez or BC Rich stocks, though. You'll be able to play them until you can afford a switchout.

Thought the 400 and up came with EMG's 81/85 or SD JB/'59.
Thanks , muchos appreciated.
So like most guitars it has its plus' and its negatives. Considering it plays so well and its so smooth and its got the emg 81 85 combo im still swaying towards buying it but i'll see if there's any other useful posts aswel as yours.
I have a Viper 400 and it's an absolutely amazing guitar. I would recommend it to ANYONE who is considering one. The only con I can think of is the lack of a double locking trem, but that's just because I want one.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
I have a Viper 301, and my strap button is on my horn, and it never dives. You may want to think about changing it to up there, but otherwise, amazing guitar.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by me_llamo_juan
Thought the 400 and up came with EMG's 81/85 or SD JB/'59.

I don't like EMG. That's preference, though. Like I said, they're better than some of the other options. I don't think they come with SDs... Though that could have changed since I checked last.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you