i love these two amps to death and i cant choose which to get...
Ceriatone 1987 lead Plexi (50 watt head. point to point hand wired all tube)
Fender Twin Reverb (Vintage) 1970-1979 silverface era (point to point hand wired all tube combo)

i love the overdrive on the the ceriatone sounds just like a vintage marshall, but the cleans are great, but not as phenominal as the fender twin. i love a halfstack, but its just a pain in the ass to transport. so the fender combo would win there. they are both in the same price range. the only thing though is that if i bought the ceriatone i would have to upgrade my cab eventually. i currently have a b-52 400w 4x12 cab.
the fender twin has to die for cleans in my opinion and the overdrive and/or distortion could just be added with a pedal, though it wouldnt be as good as the ceriatone. cleans and overdrive are both important to me. HELP ME DECIDE!

EDIT: (let me add headroom is NOT important...i have an instrument mic and a 1000w pa system)
Last edited by maiden_mexico at Apr 18, 2008,
Both?

Are you going to be playing more drive or more clean? Which sounds better to you - the Plexi clean or Fender with pedal?
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
It sounds to me like you prefer the Ceriatone.

Why not sell your 4x12 and get a smaller cab?
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Ceriatone + Orange 212 ftw
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by maiden_mexico
idk...i think anything will sound better being pushed out of 4 speakers rather than 2

well, then it's Ceriatone + Orange 412 then
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by bjoern_swe
well, then it's Ceriatone + Orange 412 then

+ a damaged back, free of charge!
I feel that a smaller (see: 2x12) cab would really work well with the ceriatone. That being said... you're looking at two very different, very classic tones. Look to your influences, I say. What are the sounds that made you want to play guitar, you know? All down to personal preference.

Also, if you want people to think you have a tiny peter, get a 4x12.
Member of the EHX Guild

Yamaha SG500B
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Roland Cube 30
Jake will suffice.

Join the revolution, GG&A.
Quote by maiden_mexico
idk...i think anything will sound better being pushed out of 4 speakers rather than 2

Nah... I'd much rather have a quality 2x12 than a crappy 4x12. In fact, I think I'd rather have a quality 2x12 than a quality 4x12. But my back has been bad for a long, long time.

I'd go with the Ceriatone. The Fenders from the silverface era will eventually rise in value, but the higher wattage amps from that period really aren't Fender's best. You're getting a higher quality product from Ceriatone, IMHO.

Orange makes a great cab, but make sure the ohms match up. Oranges are all 16 ohm. There are other quality cab companies out there.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Why don't you get a Bluesbreaker combo? It might be under the JTM 45 on the website if I remember correctly.

Best of both worlds.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Why don't you get a Bluesbreaker combo? It might be under the JTM 45 on the website if I remember correctly.

Best of both worlds.

He might want the Ceriatone JTM45 head and a cab, cos his mission in life is to get girls wet over his gear.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
i actually perfer jmp to jtm...i play alot of maiden stuff.
how would the ceriatone with a 1960 marshall cab sound?