So i have been researching for the past 3 weeks(while saving up the cash) and i finally got to order my first electric set up today..
Ive been playing acoustic for about 4 years and i can play pretty much any song i want in some way/shape or form....Mainly use barre chords and a bit of finger pickin..I like Irish/British indie music...kooks,Fratellis a bit of radiohead and alot of oasis...
What i got was A Vox30 valvetronix amp(+footswitch), Fender 72 telecaster deluxe and a Boss RC2 looper..IMO thats as good a first set up i could have got without going overkill...It came in to under 1000 euro online(the guitar itself cost 1000 in rip off ireland
http://waltons.ie/waltonsshop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=46&products_id=10759

Any way any tips to make the transition...Is it easier to play electric than acoustic..What things should i look out for? Any last minute things i can practise on my acoustic that wil benefit me as an electric player?
Damien Rice === Legend
most people say u should begin on acoustic. i didnt. for me i think its harder to play acoustic.electric guitar was so easy to play.i would definitely say electric is easier and way more fun.
Not really much you need to do right now. Just get your gear, and party hard. You got some fantastic gear to start on electric with, man. Congrats.
I'm not a fan of facts. You see, the facts can change, but my opinion will never change, no matter what the facts are. - Stephen Colbert

Maiden mexico; ridiculous advise for some1 to start with.

Learn to play with a pick since you come from a finger picking background. Make sure you learn alternate picking well.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Walternativo
Learn to play with a pick since you come from a finger picking background. Make sure you learn alternate picking well.

+1
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
Cool guys!..One thing i am aware of practising is picking individual notes and pick control..On acoustc im okay at it but i imagine the mistakes are much more apparent on electric..

Im really excited about moving on to electric..Should be great!
Damien Rice === Legend