For some reason when I try to connect my Xbox 360 elite to my Sharp Aquos 37 inch 1080p it doesn't fit. I mean my tv is clearly labeled with 2 HDMI ports. And it seems that it will fit when I match it up but when I go to connect it doesn't connect. Anyone know what could be wrong?
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Doesn't fit? Physically? High Definition Multimedia Interface is universal, they should all fit, try turning it the other way I suppose, perhaps a picture would help?
Are you trying to put a female plug into a female socket? because that won't work. The HDMI cable that I used to connect a 360 to an hdtv was male at both ends.
coludnt this be considered advertising his ****?

For some reason when I try to connect my Xbox 360 elite to my Sharp Aquos 37 inch 1080p it doesn't fit. I mean my tv is clearly labeled with 2 HDMI ports.
"
it physically doesn't fit..
I tried both ways. My friend tells me there are 2 sizes.. Is this true?
Quote by bajeda

Seinfeld Club
this was the first time connecting the xbox....it physically doesn't fit into the tv which is what the problem is
Quote by bajeda

Seinfeld Club
there are not two sizes, there is only one
as previously stated maybe you have female ends or somthing.
This is what the ends should look like

http://needwanthave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/hdmi_01plug.jpg
that is what they look like...
it works fine in component, and I don;t want to buy new cables. I am using the ones that come with the elite.
Quote by bajeda

Seinfeld Club
Sometimes it can be a little hard to get HDMI cables into the slots. Dont break it or anything though.

I assume what you mean is that it works well in Component mode with component cables correct?

EDIT: Actually, if you can get it to show 720p using Component cables, then just do that. As you probably know, the number in 1080p represents the number of vertical lines on the screen. Now most TVs can SHOW 1080p but they dont have 1080 lines, so it looks the same as 720p. You will only actually see a difference between 720 and 1080 if the screen is bigger than 50 inches or so. So since you only have a 37 incher, 720 should work just fine for ya.
Last edited by outerlimit501 at Apr 18, 2008,
Your tv is clearly a homosexual.
time machine. Inadvertently, I had created a
Quote by outerlimit501
Sometimes it can be a little hard to get HDMI cables into the slots. Dont break it or anything though.

I assume what you mean is that it works well in Component mode with component cables correct?

EDIT: Actually, if you can get it to show 720p using Component cables, then just do that. As you probably know, the number in 1080p represents the number of vertical lines on the screen. Now most TVs can SHOW 1080p but they dont have 1080 lines, so it looks the same as 720p. You will only actually see a difference between 720 and 1080 if the screen is bigger than 50 inches or so. So since you only have a 37 incher, 720 should work just fine for ya.

Yes with component cables I can still get 1080p picture.
But i want to utilize the brand new hdmi ports
Quote by bajeda

Seinfeld Club