I need some songs to help me work on alternate picking. I'm already pretty good at it, but I need another step between doing Metallica songs and then moving to Dream Theater songs. So something with a fairly quick beat, but not tooo difficult.

I would just do chromatics/scales but those get boring fast.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
John Petrucci's Rock Discipline. I always recommend it for alternate picking. Look up Rock Discipline on Youtube(you'll get a bunch of funny spoofs but you'll eventually find the real thing) or if not look into some lessons by Paul Gilbert.

Because you said you want to get into Dream Theater, both these guitarist's techniques will be right up your alley. Hope it helps.

EDIT: oh yeah, most anything by Yngwie is going to be extremely good for your alt picking. It's a misnomer that he is seen as a sweep guitarist.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
John Petrucci's Rock Discipline. I always recommend it for alternate picking. Look up Rock Discipline on Youtube(you'll get a bunch of funny spoofs but you'll eventually find the real thing) or if not look into some lessons by Paul Gilbert.

Because you said you want to get into Dream Theater, both these guitarist's techniques will be right up your alley. Hope it helps.

EDIT: oh yeah, most anything by Yngwie is going to be extremely good for your alt picking. It's a misnomer that he is seen as a sweep guitarist.

Yeah, I've seen all them. I just don't enjoy practicing when it's not musical. Chromatics and scales don't entertain me. And alot of that stuff is above my level. I'm looking for SONGS.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
Misirlou by Dick Dale

Whether you like it or not it's almost all alternate speed picking

Well I can tremolo pick pretty easily and switch strings ok but my alt. picking is really sloppy so I don't think that would be a very good song.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls