I get this message every time i open Firefox on a limited user account:

Has anyone else gotten this message, and do you know how to get rid of it?
sup?
EDIT: What the hell am I saying? Jesus, if you saw that response, be so kind as to not quote it, I'm just tired
Quote by Mazzakazza
Restart FF, if it doesn't work, restart the computer.

If it doesn't work, you might need to reinstall FF.

I've already tried restarting Firefox and the computer. I've even tried reinstalling Firefox. It still gives me the message every time I open firefox.
sup?
Too late. :P

Ok, what might be happening, is that Firefox doesn't recognise that you're connected to the internet, and is trying to install updates. This is problematic, as you can't alter/check your proxy settings without being in FF. Hm.

The connection issues could stem from your position on a limited user account - checked that you have the required permissions to connect using FF?
clearly the answer is obvious. since you only get this message when your on a limited access account, log into windows as the admin, update firefox, and then log in to the account your getting the error message on.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Too late. :P

Ok, what might be happening, is that Firefox doesn't recognise that you're connected to the internet, and is trying to install updates. This is problematic, as you can't alter/check your proxy settings without being in FF. Hm.

The connection issues could stem from your position on a limited user account - checked that you have the required permissions to connect using FF?

I can connect to the internet through firefox still, but I get that message every time I open firefox.

Quote by MotleyCrueSATD
clearly the answer is obvious. since you only get this message when your on a limited access account, log into windows as the admin, update firefox, and then log in to the account your getting the error message on.

Yes, that was obvious, but not the answer. I already had firefox 2.0.0.14 installed. (which is the current version) So, I tried re-installing, but it didn't work.

Also, The software update didn't seem to fail for the limited user accounts, because If i go to Help>About, It says Firefox 2.0.0.14. But I still get the message.
sup?
Last edited by ldl67 at Apr 18, 2008,
Are you logged into an administrator account? If not try that and open firefox. If you are then I'm not sure. sorry.
Quote by Pirate Chad
Are you logged into an administrator account? If not try that and open firefox. If you are then I'm not sure. sorry.

I can open Firefox in Admin and limited account, but If i log in with a limited user account, then I get the message.
sup?
Quote by emagdnimasisiht
Get an admin account.

I have one. I mainly use a limited account for web browsing for security reasons, etc.
sup?
When you open Firefox and there's an update available, it'll tell you, but since you're on a limited account, it won't be able to upgrade, hence the message

Edit: I read some of the previous posts, and it might be because an add-on might need to be updated, rather than Firefox itself
Quote by Karvid
When you open Firefox and there's an update available, it'll tell you, but since you're on a limited account, it won't be able to upgrade, hence the message

Edit: I read some of the previous posts, and it might be because an add-on might need to be updated, rather than Firefox itself

I currently have no add-ons or themes.
sup?
Maybe file security? As an Admin account

Click Start > Run. Type CMD. Click OK. In the command prompt type:

cd c:\program files

then press Enter. Now type:

cacls "Mozilla Firefox" /E /G <<user>>:F /T

Swap <<user>> for your user account name, then press Enter. This will give you Full Control of the FF installation folder, and everything under it.

Now restart FF, it might fix it.

Daviec
Quote by 12Jim34
Use Firefox, it easily beats any browser.

Wait, what?

I agree, I swear by it. Is your internet connection a direct one?
Quote by Daviec
Maybe file security? As an Admin account

Click Start > Run. Type CMD. Click OK. In the command prompt type:

cd c:\program files

then press Enter. Now type:

cacls "Mozilla Firefox" /E /G <<user>>:F /T

Swap <<user>> for your user account name, then press Enter. This will give you Full Control of the FF installation folder, and everything under it.

Now restart FF, it might fix it.

Daviec

OK, ultra-late response:

I tried that but it didn't work... The reason I bumped this thread is that i still get the message ... Anyone else have any ideas on what to do?
sup?