so im still messing with that damn stero jack and this is what ive got and its pissing me off

there is no signal coming out of point 3!!
if i stick a cable in it and touch point 2 i get that buzz signifying theres a signal
if i do the same to point 3 i get nothing

and i cant find any explination to it....

these are the points im talking about
this is the back of the box the jack came in

anyone have any experience with this?
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by fosho
anyone have any experience with this?
I have tons of experience with jacks, plugs, and cables of all sorts.

Quote by fosho
so im still messing with that damn stero jack and this is what ive got and its pissing me off
Getting pissed off solves nothing. Calm down and take your time, or just leave it.

Quote by fosho
there is no signal coming out of point 3!!
if i stick a cable in it and touch point 2 i get that buzz signifying theres a signal
if i do the same to point 3 i get nothing

and i cant find any explination to it....
1 - What kind of cable are you plugging into the jack? Is it a mono cable? A stereo cable?

2 - What is the other end of the cable plugged into? A guitar amp? Something else?

If you aren't specific in your descriptions, no one will be able to do anything more that just guess wildly. If you want better answers, frame your questions as well as you possibly can.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I have tons of experience with jacks, plugs, and cables of all sorts.

Getting pissed off solves nothing. Calm down and take your time, or just leave it.

1 - What kind of cable are you plugging into the jack? Is it a mono cable? A stereo cable?

2 - What is the other end of the cable plugged into? A guitar amp? Something else?

If you aren't specific in your descriptions, no one will be able to do anything more that just guess wildly. If you want better answers, frame your questions as well as you possibly can.

thanks

1- its a regular instrument cable, monster one if it matters.
mono i believe, yeah it only has one ring on the tips

2- also mono

its my little pedal thing, i want it to go into two amps from the one signal, but i want to put kill switches on both outputs.
if its a straight mono jack then if i flick one switch off the whole thing dies.
i want to be able to turn off one amp or the other at my leisure
Quote by WickedBeast666
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

you need a stereo cable.
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Depends on what she's on top of. If she's on top of my pizza I'm gonna have to scissor kick a bitch.

MY BUILD!
really?
i mean, yeah it makes sense.
but ive seen it go through a mono cable, like on a rick
Quote by WickedBeast666

Quote by fosho
thanks

1- its a regular instrument cable, monster one if it matters.
mono i believe, yeah it only has one ring on the tips

2- also mono

its my little pedal thing, i want it to go into two amps from the one signal, but i want to put kill switches on both outputs.
if its a straight mono jack then if i flick one switch off the whole thing dies.
i want to be able to turn off one amp or the other at my leisure
Alright. Now were getting somewhere.

First of all, let me apologize for adding to your confusion. I read the numbers wrong from that photograph. As I look at it again, it appears that 2 is at the top of the list, not 3. Am I correct now? I've edited my post in the original thread. If you plug a mono cable into that stereo jack, 3 will get connected to ground. That's the way they're built. To get a signal on 3, you must use a stereo cable.

But stereo jack or stereo cable isn't the answer to what you're trying to accomplish. You need two separate signals that come from different outputs if you want to use a shorting type kill switch on either one.

The other way, would be to use SPDT switches instead of SPST switches to kill. That way you could disconnect the wire that goes to the jack feeding the amp from the guitar signal, and connect it alone to ground. The other amp would be connected normally. From what it sounds like you're trying to do, you would want 3 jacks, and 2 SPDT switches on this box.

I'll be around tomorrow to draw something up for you, but I'm sure there could be others who might help you before then.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
thanks bro
here ill link you to the thread where it all went down, its on another forum so if its against the rules some one just let me know and ill take it down.
or a mod go ahead and kill it, please and thank you

http://guitarforum.net/guitarist/index.php/topic,4988.0.html

there you can see everything i used and how i wired it, and probably where I went wrong
Quote by WickedBeast666

heres a pic of how i was planning to wire it, think it would work?

http://www.deviever.com/fx/forum/download/file.php?id=744&mode=view

pic is too big cant attach it.
Quote by WickedBeast666

I don't think that will work. You don't have a stereo signal from your guitar.

This will work:

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411