well I had a 10 dollar gift card to FYE. I used it and put forth 10 dollars out of my pocket to buy Nirvana: live, sold out. It was awful. It looked like it had been bootlegged by someone in the front row and the behind the scenes mostly consisted of Kurt really high, rambling about food and smoking cigarettes. also, when they played smells like teen spirit, it was all a joke. they simply played the recorded version and kurt sang the lyrics it a really really low, purposley bad voice. I was like WTF?????
I am going to trade it in for unplugged, which I know will be alot better after watching clips on youtube. but yea, just thought I would share how dreadful the DVD was to any nirvana fans.
I might be wrong, but, as far as I've seen...I don't think there are many Nirvana fans in the Pit. Personally Im a fan but I don't think many others will care about this.
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
Thanks for the heads up. Im just gonna avoid it.

Unplugged was the greatest.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Quote by sakura'sdarkest
The top of the pops performance was to piss of the presenters.

i havent the slightest idea what you just said
Quote by Silent_Jester13
Thanks for the heads up. Im just gonna avoid it.

Unplugged was the greatest.

no problem, yea i cant wait to watch it
Its an amazing dvd ! Are you mad ?? The smells like teen spirit is taking the piss because top of the pops was a **** program that made you immitate your own songs. i.e Pretend to play guitar or pretend to sing. On this occasion he was allowed to sing but decided to take the piss out of the whole situation. Loads of bands have done it, i remember Muse took the piss when they were on top of the pops.
I hate the phrase "took the piss" It annoys me to no end.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
That was a great DVD. At least I enjoyed it. I dont understand why everyone hates Nirvana so much.

What were you talking about on the cameras? From what I can remember the camera shots were pretty good.

And the Top Of The Pop's thing was explained. Any band would be pissed off if they were told to lip sync and guitar sync to a recorded track.

I also own the Unplugged. I like the Live Tonight more though. But Unplugged was still amazing.
Regarding the quality ! Lets not forget that it was many many years ago that this was. And its been put together with snippets of various performances and other bits through crappy video cameras etc. Again let me repeat, this was a long long time ago and im guessing, just guessing but if you look at any other bands that released something around that year then the quality would be similar. They did a whole camera filmed gig for mtv, was it called live and loud, i cant quite remember.

Regardless of all of it, if you dont like this dvd, then you are not a Nirvana fan.
Quote by TooFast
I hate the phrase "took the piss" It annoys me to no end.

How would you prefer I worded it ?? Just curious !
Quote by amusing
How would you prefer I worded it ?? Just curious !

I don't know. But I don't like it, maybe it's just me.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by TooFast
I don't know. But I don't like it, maybe it's just me.

Maybe I could have worded it more politely. I apologise.
You obviously aren't a real Nirvana fan if you can't appreciate it..
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
This may or may not be brought up but I sense that someone is going to mention it. The come as you are performance. Kurt always said if your guitar is out of tune then sing out of tune.

Im not aware of how life in a band was back then so i dont know if guitar techs were about back then, i imagine they must have been but all i know is kurt tuned his guitars by ear and so now and again it was off because he never had a tuning pedal hence come as you are being completely off key.