I have a Randall rg50tc, and it has the trembling/rattling issue that some users have reported in their reviews.

The sounds comes from the head around the tubes area but I have no idea what the problem is. What's even weirder is that the rattling sound only comes at certain notes.(E,A,B,C but not F sharp for some reason)

So I'm wondering if anyone has any info on what the source of the problem is, or what could be done to fix it. I heard something about tube dampening but if I open the case and break something the warranty will be void.

Btw I'm not trying to put this amp down or anything, some rg50 don't have any problem at all and apart from that the amp sounds amazing lol
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
i got that on my amp and i can happily say its the bane of my life
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by AngerIsAGift06
i got that on my amp and i can happily say its the bane of my life

You never tried to fix it or anything? and indeed it's ****ing annoying lol
Without a good harmonic knowledge, one cannot expect to become a great jazz soloist ~ Horace Silver

Quote by dietermoreno
Is it possible for 6 string guitar to tune lower than drop C and scales still work?
jesus dude i spent all my time trying to fix it, its just a design flaw on certain frequencies it makes that noise, new speaker, cables, trying to screw everything tighter wont work
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by -heartbreaker-
I don't think you can stop the glass vibrating

I don't really care about it

So you're thinking it's the tube vibration so basically the dampening? At least we're on the right track lol

Quote by dietermoreno
I'm pretty sure that's what it is. those metal rings that hold the tubes in place.

or perhaps it's that cover that goes on top of the last pre-amp tube
I don't even know why that's there
Quote by -heartbreaker-
I'm pretty sure that's what it is. those metal rings that hold the tubes in place.

or perhaps it's that cover that goes on top of the last pre-amp tube
I don't even know why that's there

the metals rings eh? I will check that out. And for the metal cover on the last pre tube, I also have no clue why it's there and I will try to see if it causes vibration also.

Quote by dietermoreno
Last edited by marc137 at Apr 18, 2008,