Hey guys, Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but i didnt know where else to put it.

Im wondering if you wise UGers have any recording tips and techniques which will help me improve higher than people in my class, i want to be a real pro hehe

So if you could please give me some techniques, advice, tips on how to do new stuff etc.

Thanks.
Nathy xx
Nathy
When micing up a open backed cab place a mic in the back of it, great sound

When micing a piano a microphone underneath always sounds gd.

There just a couple but theres many mic techniques i could talk about. If you wanna hear about a mic technique for a certain instrument PM me.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Right away, invest in a pair of condenser microphones. In time, you'll be glad you went with two because then you can stereo mix them for a much more complex and interesting recording.
Quote by tunasband
Who's ug?
Now THATS an idea.
Ive never actually considered 2 mics before.
ATM im using an AKG C3000 B i think..
Any ideas of placements with the mics?

Thanks.
Nathy
Now THATS an idea.
Ive never actually considered 2 mics before.
ATM im using an AKG C3000 B i think..
Any ideas of placements with the mics?

Thanks.
Nathy
http://www.amazon.com/Home-Recording-Musicians-Dummies-Computer/dp/0764588842/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_k2a_2_img/104-7665264-5456756?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-2&pf_rd_r=11FEGS6Q7V4M3YD8NYJA&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=304485601&pf_rd_i=0764516345

i have this book. great start on this basics.

in which you can start the experimentation afterwards.. its touches on how to mix instruments effectively, how to mix frequencies effectively, amp miking, acoustic miking.. all sorts of handy stuff
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
There is a lot of techniques - this goes in the thread before this (without the original or cover part) just so you know. As for tips the best tip is to get a good mastering/limiting program as it will really bring your recordings to life. Other than that - make sure you are using good pre amps and interfaces - and a good software program.
Pre Amps are basically hardware that takes the microphone input and then makes the sound much louder without adding to much noise to it... they are very useful to get a warm sound that is not to fuzzy. It basically lets you turn up the gain alot... no fears you do not need a high quality pre amp to get started - most interfaces actually come with pre amps built in - your alesis 8channel im sure has a pre amp - it may not be the highest quality - but it works fine.