tryin to make a decision on which amp for anythin below $300 and ive been lookin at these...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-30X-Amp-with-COSM?sku=487032

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959

im not quite ready to step up to full tube amps yet so ive been lookin at these...so ppl who have played them plz tell me which one is better overall and can also be heard over a drummer...

also can some1 plz tell me if theres a way to mic these up or hook em into pa system or anythin cuz im a dumbass and cant understand if its possible with these

your thoughts and suggestions r greatly appreciated, so please give a link if u find these for cheaper, or if u find somethin better for close price thats good 2
post away
Go with the cube. I have a micro cube, and a vox AD100VT, so i've experience them both. Either one will suit you, but i'd go with the cube.
What do you play?

Overall, I'd say the Vox.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
sry forgot that...i play pretty much any rock mostly styled like nirvana or gnr type sounds, but ill occasionally play some led zep soundin stuff or some hardcore stuff...and again able to play small gigs/play over drummer on its own...any more info jus read the top post again
I say go with the AD30VT.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
CUBE!
i have the 60 which is the same thing as the 30, just louder.
its sooo versatile and it sounds amazing.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
CUBE!
i have the 60 which is the same thing as the 30, just louder.
its sooo versatile and it sounds amazing.

kk um sounds stupid and all but can u hook the cube 30 up to anythin and is it loud enough to play small gigs?

as u can see im sorta askin questions bout either here...
Just go out, try them both and see which you like better.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by zegreatdane
kk um sounds stupid and all but can u hook the cube 30 up to anythin and is it loud enough to play small gigs?

as u can see im sorta askin questions bout either here...

uh, i can hear over drums on my 60 at about 8 o'clock, which isnt much.
i wouldnt know.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Just go out, try them both and see which you like better.

dude ive tried them both and love them both which is y im askin for all ur dear reviews...o and still plz plz plz anybody if u know whether or not the 30ws can be heard over a drum or if either can be hooked up to other speakers plz lemme know so i can stop askin the ****in annoyin question
i got my Cube for $300... it was a blem item.
just get the 60 and dont worry about it.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by ugmung
i got my Cube for $300... it was a blem item.
just get the 60 and dont worry about it.

whered u get it from, cuz ive been lookin for a blem or refurb one but am havin trouble findin it + $300 is like maxin out my money and watnot which is y i was curious about the 30s
i heard to play with drums you need something about 50 or 60 watts, depending on how loud your drummer hits, but yeh i had a 30 watt and i couldnt play with drums , tried a 40 watt , still couldnt play with drums so probably going with the 60 watt cube would be a better choice or something even louder. But if your drummer has electric drums thats a whole diff story and normally depending on how big the place is they should mic up your amp especially if its not that big.
Quote by zegreatdane
whered u get it from, cuz ive been lookin for a blem or refurb one but am havin trouble findin it + $300 is like maxin out my money and watnot which is y i was curious about the 30s

i got it on Musiciansfriend.com.
it was perfect timing too, i was planning on getting it and then the night i was going to order it, there was a blem.

i would recommend maybe visiting other sites like sweetwater, zzsounds, guitarcenter, music123 to see if maybe they have any available
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Meh, you can play with a drummer with a 30 watter.

I jam with this chick who MASSACRES the drums and I can still drown her out if I feel like it.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

I jam with this chick who MASSACRES the drums and I can still drown her out if I feel like it.

Chick drummers are hawt. But in all seriousness, get the AD30VT
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

ok and uh u play the vox 30 right?
Quote by zegreatdane
ok and uh u play the vox 30 right?

I've played one. I don't own one.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Chick drummers are hawt. But in all seriousness, get the AD30VT

u play the vox 30????
lol
i think you should stick with the cube.
if you cant get a blem 60 just get the 30. and if you cant hear it over drums then you can just return it saying it sounded like **** or something.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Hey.! I have the same problem of u. Im not sure wether to chose roland cube 30or vox ad30vt . I play a lot of nirvana, and i think that vox can have a better sound than roland when it's hitting the maximum voltage . But i read some reviews about it and they say that after some time he starts to have problems with volume...=( here's the link if u want to check out...

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/VOX/AD30VT+Combo/10/1

So..good luck