i have a reed switch, serial cable and the ziegler counter program. I plugged everything in and shoved the wires from the reed switch into pin socket 4 and 9, ran the magnet across and nothing i used windows portmon.exe to check and every time i fire up the counter program the port opens... the only thing i'm missing is a male D connector but i don't see that being a huge issue... the wires are in the holes pretty tight...

any ideas?
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
nevermind. the serial cable i used wasnt right. i bought a new one and it works great! i cant wait to wind my pickups

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
i wind by hand and dont use a counter
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
I can't even count to 50 without something distracting me. besides. i love the little DIY stuff involved in guitar building. Figuring out ways to make tools and jigs to make things easier all of the research and development of all the little things... it's just wonderful