Iv been looking around for quite a while and cant seem to come up with many substantial options for a delay to test out. Not too fussed on the price, but the main thing im after is obviously quality over quantity (of effects) but both would be super. any help would be much appreciated.
Quote by succi
boss dd6

+1 i love mine
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Depends on what type of delay your looking for?

Dynamic Delay
Tape Delay
Studio Delay
Delay
PingPong Delay
Slapback Delay
differences?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Depends on what type of delay your looking for?

Dynamic Delay
Tape Delay
Studio Delay
Delay
PingPong Delay
Slapback Delay

Tape and analogue mainly, but nything else to mess around with is cool.

The DL4 looks pretty alright.
FRDesign

Dynamic Delay

The Dynamic Delay initially introduced in the well-recognized TC 2290, is a function that allows the Delay Output level to be actively altered by the dynamics of the Input level. The basic idea is to have a lower level of the Delay repeats while the instruments are played (or vocals are sung) and an increased level of Delay when no Input is present. A function that leaves the source material clear and undisturbed while played and delicately accompanied by the Delay between phrases. With the correct settings you will be amazed how you can use Delay effects on material where you previously never considered this an option.

Tape Delay

This algorithm emulates the old style Tape Delays. Before the Digital era, Delays were created using a Tape Recording device with a tape-loop and recording/playback heads. As you probably know, analog tape-recorders have a tendency to deteriorate/change the recorded material. Wow and flutter combined with a significant loss of high-end frequencies, and to some extent also low-end frequencies, are all elements commonly associated with tape recordings. However, these features are at times quite useful and sought-after as they in some situations blend with and compliment the source material in a highly musical manner. Among other things the M300 Tape Delay uses a HiCut with a rather low Crossover frequency to emulate the loss of highs found on conventional Tape delays. Compare this to the clean Studio Delay algorithm, which has a considerably higher HiCut frequency to see what fits your application.

Studio Delay

As opposed to the Tape Delay algorithm described above the Studio Delay algorithm will give you a clearer reproduction of the material fed to the M300. To soften the Delay, as it is commonly done in studio productions, the Studio Delay uses a subtle yet significant HiCut at a relatively High crossover frequency.

Delay

Standard Delay. The M300’s processing power and excellent 24 bit converters will process a precise high quality Delay with no deterioration of the sound.

PingPong Delay

The PingPong Delay basically pans the Delay repeats from left to right and back while keeping the Input signal at its original position. This gives a very wide spread special effect.

Slapback Delay

Slapback Delay is a very short Delay with only a single or a few repeats. The effect is commonly used as a "doubling-effect" making the processed material seem more massive. Short Slapback Delays are also often used on funky rhythm guitars, – a bit longer on Rockabilly guitar or vocals.
Quote by Themitch
Tape and analogue mainly, but nything else to mess around with is cool.

The DL4 looks pretty alright.

Yup I would go with the DL4... I just purchased a T.C. M300 basically a G-Sharp and testing it out now..