Yeah. I have a totally ****ty Bass right now, a G. Burton. That's all it says on it, no brand, no serial number, just G. Burton. I play the Electric Guitar usually, but I'm getting into the Bass, so could I have any recommendations? Also, try to reccomend something that would sound nice with my amp, which is a B-52 ST-6012. I would prefer a bass that can play everything, but I mostly do Metal. Please provide links. Thanks.
Dean Z-X Fund: $50 out of $200 (25%)

My Gear:
Guitar: Schecter C-1 Elite
Amp: B-52 ST-6012
Pedals/Other: BOSS Dynamic Wah, BOSS Metal Zone MT-2

Massive Failure
Uh...dude, that's a guitar amp. Playing a bass through it will kill it as it's not designed for the extended frequencies. You need a new amp for the bass...I'd focus on that before you actually get a new bass.

edit: what bass do you have, btw?
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Apr 18, 2008,
Thanks. I really don't want to screw up my amp. Any suggestions for a good amp that is between 100-250?
Dean Z-X Fund: $50 out of $200 (25%)

My Gear:
Guitar: Schecter C-1 Elite
Amp: B-52 ST-6012
Pedals/Other: BOSS Dynamic Wah, BOSS Metal Zone MT-2

Massive Failure
Maybe you should get a bass practice amp or something first, since you seem like a beginner. I've this 10watt Yamaha BA-10 practice amp with a decent sound that costs 160. It's nothing too much though, it gives a nice clean sound, then bass and treble knobs dont do much, but the difference is noticable enough to shape a basic tone on it. I've been using it for 2 years now.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Go with a Squier Precision or Jazz starter pack- a fairly good bass (given the price), practice amp, bag, and some other goodies iirc. A lot of people new to bass seem to go for that, and they're solid beginner basses.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Pink Muse
Go with a Squier Precision or Jazz starter pack- a fairly good bass (given the price), practice amp, bag, and some other goodies iirc. A lot of people new to bass seem to go for that, and they're solid beginner basses.

Pink Muse offers good advice, also the FAQ offers great advice, and are we tlaking pounds or dollars cash wise? dollars go further with music equipment, UK'ers like me get fooked over for prices....grrr

if you can afford it, the Squier Vintage Modified series are fantastic basses for their price, I particualy love the VM Jazz, they are comparable to a made in mexico Fender.

But by a Bass amp first, and spend more on the amp, remember a crap bass can sound pretty good through a good amp, but a great bass will sound awful through a bad one
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
If you're not squeamish, you could try ebay for a 2nd hand bass. That's how I got my Ibanez, but I put new strings on (rotos) and it needs a little attention on the jack front. Some sellers are happy for you to drop by and try it out before you bid too.

Newbie 2p worth.
Ibanez SRX700
Peavey Grind 4 BXP NTB
Quote by Pink Muse

Yes or the GSR190 starter pack from Ibanez. Both will give good value for money.

Link:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Artcore-Ser-Hollowbody-without-Tremolo?sku=519527

(^thats the bass i play on)

If you can borrow an amp temporarly for your bass i would go for a fender then save up for a beginner amp.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
That guitar amp will work fine as a practise amp, if its a decent amp for metal, then chances are that is can be pretty low end heavy. I'm not saying you should gig with it, but you're not going to break by anything by running a bass through it at practise volumes.
Quote by thedonutman
That guitar amp will work fine as a practise amp, if its a decent amp for metal, then chances are that is can be pretty low end heavy. I'm not saying you should gig with it, but you're not going to break by anything by running a bass through it at practise volumes.

However, his tone will improve far more by getting a bass amp than by buying a thousand pound bass. Low end for guitars is pretty midrange on a bass.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by thedonutman

If that were a cheaper amp, I might say the same as long as he doesn't practice for long, but that a B-52 stealth. Would you really want to risk it?

TS do you have the P copy? That's the only one of their I've seen and it really wasn't that bad. Once you try it through a bass amp it'll sound a lot better.
Nope, no sig here.