well right now i have the setup i want for gigs, but tone wise im not very happy since my amp is solid state. so im looking for a tube amp. nothing big just something for mostly home use and recording, possibly some smaller gigs but not nessecary., btw i play alot of different stuff (most played would be metal) so an all around amp would be proffered. suggestions anyone?

o and under $500 please
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
A Peavey ValveKing 112 and a decent distortion pedal such as the EHX Metal Muff should do the trick.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
A Peavey ValveKing 112 and a decent distortion pedal such as the EHX Metal Muff should do the trick.

a distortion pedal would just eliminate the tube tone he's looking for, you use ODs on tube amps
I was thinking about getting a Valveking also, but the distortion just killed it for me. You would need something to clean it up, but the amp is definitely loud enough.
Quote by stephen_rettie
a distortion pedal would just eliminate the tube tone he's looking for, you use ODs on tube amps

No, it wouldn't. What's with the random swell of people who think this?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Blackheart BH5-112 5W 1x12 Little Giant Tube Combo Amp (Black)

anybody know anything about this, it got 5 outa 5 stars, wanted to see what u though, heres the link, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675
any help would be apperciated
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Quote by metalwarrior40

anybody know anything about this, it got 5 outa 5 stars, wanted to see what u though, heres the link, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackheart-BH5112-5W-1x12-Little-Giant-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481675

just go to youtube and look at videos on there. thats what ive been doing to look at amps, most times theyll have a demo from the factory that goes through all the settings and different sounds it can make.
Get a Pod X3 your not going to get a good tube amp for hi gain for $500......
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie
just go to youtube and look at videos on there. thats what ive been doing to look at amps, most times theyll have a demo from the factory that goes through all the settings and different sounds it can make.

thanks! i cant believe i didnt even think of that
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Quote by metalwarrior40

I've heard these amps are quality. I will probably end up getting the BH Handsome Devil 15w combo + head. Or is it cab + head...oh well, whatever. If you do get one, tell me how it is.
if u could save more money, id say the Krank rev jr

otherwise i agree w/ the peavey valveking
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by metalwarrior40

Just understand that amp won't do metal on it's own. It ends up on the far side of AC/DC on it's own. Though for $500, you could get it, and a Damage Control Solid Metal pedal.
Quote by The Atomic Ass
Just understand that amp won't do metal on it's own. It ends up on the far side of AC/DC on it's own. Though for $500, you could get it, and a Damage Control Solid Metal pedal.

I think im gonna get the amp and possibly a metal muff pedal, ive had my eye on it for a while.

Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I've heard these amps are quality. I will probably end up getting the BH Handsome Devil 15w combo + head. Or is it cab + head...oh well, whatever. If you do get one, tell me how it is.

when i do get it ill tell u what i think.

so thanks everyone for the help, not compleltey sure about the pedal though, im thinking about the metal muff but im open for suggestions
Just call me Bobby
Quote by mikeyElite

Quote by Invader Jim
Try out a Randall RG50TC. Its probably the go-to amp for people who want a high gain tube on a budget.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by fatboythin
Try out a Randall RG50TC. Its probably the go-to amp for people who want a high gain tube on a budget.

that or the b-52 they both destroy the valveking imo.
For $550 you can get a Traynor YCV-50 Blue. I recommend that for the 'extra" $50.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Quote by H-i-g-h-w-a-y-1
^used

No, I got one on eBay buy bidding it there at $550.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
A Mesa Boogie tube preamp pedal will make any ****ty solid state small amp sound awesome. Runs about $300 or so.
98' 1960 Les Paul Classic
00' 57' Reissue Goldtop Les Paul
92' R0' Historic Les Paul

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Trem-o-verb 2x12 combo
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Extention cabinet
Boss GT-8
Korg DTR-1 Rackmount tuner
Sennheiser WZ-300 wireless
Do you guys know much about the Line 6 HD100 Spider Valve tube amp line? They look pretty awesome. I was thinking about maybe purchasing the amp head and then maybe buying the Behringer Ultrastack cab. There are some videos of this on youtube, but there aren't many.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by Riffomatic_5000
Do you guys know much about the Line 6 HD100 Spider Valve tube amp line? They look pretty awesome. I was thinking about maybe purchasing the amp head and then maybe buying the Behringer Ultrastack cab. There are some videos of this on youtube, but there aren't many.

There is a reason, the suck **** out of ass tone.
Quote by metalwarrior40

My cousin has one. It's devastatingly good for being that cheap. Dunno if it'd be good enough for the really hi gain stuff, but for what he played on it, it was superb.