I've been practicing solos using a one finger per fret rule. It seems to help me move a lot faster when I'm on frets between 12-22

Anyhow, I've noticed that my ring finger and my pinky almost always move together. It makes it really hard to improve my speed plus its giving me blisters and the sides of those two fingers.

Does anyone know any good exercises that will help my dexterity?
Go slow and stop yourself from doing that.

And you should be able to do 2 frets per finger up high when you need to, if not three. I don't suggest playing that way all the time, but up high, the frets are very close together and that should allow those wide intervals.

Edit: Do you mean to say that when your ring finger moves, your pinky moves as well? Of course that happens! They're both attached to your hand, silly.
Specifically what happens is that I will go to hit a note with my pinky and my ring finger will follow it and just kind of push it out of the way.

For instance I've been hammering from 15 to 17 on G with my middle and my pinky but when I go to hit 17 I can't get my ring finger out of the way. I just figured it was because I hadn't strengthened my pinky enough so I was looking for some dexterity exercises

BTW- Nice Avatar I love that show
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Edit: Do you mean to say that when your ring finger moves, your pinky moves as well? Of course that happens! They're both attached to your hand, silly.

And the anatomy of a human hand makes them move much less independant than other fingers.
yah just keep practicing slow and it will build the individual muscles
its hard i know
98% of people have read that stupid 98% teens and alcohol sig, put this in your sig if you like getting hammered.

Thats it.