ok i know i will sound dumb but just remember-- i am new... so here is my question-- can someone explai all the numbers people use when trying to show someone a chord??... like i think this is on for an e minor 022000-- what does that mean?? and what do the numbers stand for??
*york*
the first number is the top string, and it goe sin order all the way to the bottom string. the numbers represent frets. a fret is the little spaces on the neck of the guitar. the first one is 1, the scond one is 2, and so on. an "x" indicates that you dont hit that string

examples would be

D
xx0232

C
x32010

E
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
The numbers are the number of the frets you are going to fret.

For example, in that E minor chord, you're going to leave the bottom (low E) string open, fret the A string at the 2nd fret, the D string at the 2nd fret, and leave all other strings open.

Remember the string order is:

EADGBe or

e|-
B|-
G|-
D|-
A|-
E|-

and you should be fine.
Quote by InanezGuitars44
the first number is the top string, and it goe sin order all the way to the bottom string. the numbers represent frets. a fret is the little spaces on the neck of the guitar. the first one is 1, the scond one is 2, and so on. an "x" indicates that you dont hit that string

examples would be

D
xx0232

C
x32010

E

ok but how do i know which finger to use and on what string-- i know what a fret is but why would they just tell you what fret to use and not what finger or string?? sry u probably already told me but i am CONFUSED! lol what does it mean to "fret" the string?
*york*
well if that is supposed to be a e minor, the it represents the frets, the first number (0) being the low e string, the the first 2 being the second fret of the A string, then the next is the second fret of the D string, then all the rest would be open, so basically its a lazy way of tabbing, using the first number as low E, then A, and so on and so forth
Turquoise Team Beasts!
Usually it comes down to what's comfortable. For example, for the E minor I use my middle (flipping off) finger for the A string 2nd fret, and my third finger (ring) for the D string 2nd fret.
Quote by yorkbaby1009
ok but how do i know which finger to use and on what string-- i know what a fret is but why would they just tell you what fret to use and not what finger or string?? sry u probably already told me but i am CONFUSED! lol what does it mean to "fret" the string?

they dont tell what fingers to use, they just assume you'll know, but since im feeling nice, show me the chords, and ill explain how to finger them, if you like
Turquoise Team Beasts!
Quote by Xj2252bX
they dont tell what fingers to use, they just assume you'll know, but since im feeling nice, show me the chords, and ill explain how to finger them, if you like

'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by Xj2252bX

em and am... thx
*york*
Em:
theres a few ways to finger Em, i personally use my middle finger on the 2nd fret of the A string, and my ring finger on the 2nd fret of D, but you could use your index and then middle, its just not very common

Am:
use your middle finger for the 2nd fret of the D string, your ring finger for the 2nd fret of the G string, and then use your index for the 1st fret of the B string
Turquoise Team Beasts!