hey i was just wondering which bass i shood get. the main 2 i have been looking at are the ibanez atk and the epiphone sg bass(both four string). i was just wondering if ne1 could help as i need to buy it in a week or so. otherwise is there ne1 else that knows a good bass round the $6oo-800(aus) price range thanx
Ibanez ATKs are fabulous, brilliant, lovely, amazing, great instruments in my opinion. Epiphone SG basses are utter junk, not fit to be smashed and burned, also in my opinion.
I'd recommend the Ibanez, your probably just paying that much for the Epiphone because its an SG and SG's are "cool" and recognizable. But you should just go and play both make sure it both feels and sounds right for you.
Ew, Epiphone ugly, Ibanez bootiful. End of.
Ibanez SRX700
Peavey Grind 4 BXP NTB
I was wondering what bass I should get. I want a bass that would go well with effects as I play a lot of Muse and prefferably a 5 string. The ones I've been looking at are The ESP-B55 and the Ibanez GSR-205. What do ya reckon?
Why don't you people just go out and try to basses? There are so many kinds because different people like different tones, necks etc. Go to a shop, the spend a couple of hours A/Bing al the different basses in the price range. Then, narrow it down to a couple of specific models, giving what you found were the pros and cons for each and we can then add to the lists of pros and cons for the next time you try them out.

And Muse=Rock, no bass works better or work with effects. As always, it is a matter of what you play and your settings on the bass, effects and amp.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
well it sorta hard to try out basses when you live in a town in the middle of nowhere where there is only one music shop whichs best guitar is a crappy yamaha or ashton.
Quote by damobassist
thanx guys for the advice but wat about atk or an olp or cort?

The best thing to do is try them out, especially if you're considering an OLP, I'm sure most OLP's are fine, but I bought a 5 string MM3 about a year ago off the internet which was a bit of a nightmare. It had a neck that resembled an archery bow, the 3rd and 5th frets were proud, making the 4th and 6th frets pretty much unuseable and the pickup wasn't screwed down.
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Quote by damobassist
thanx guys for the advice but wat about atk or an olp or cort?

Cort's are amazingly underrated

but try them all out
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
hey guys thanks for all the advice u have given me i went and played them all on the weekend and have decided the ibanez atk. but i need to order it in before my birthday which means i need to order it by tommorrow. so i no the ultimate decision is up to me but i duno wether to choice the sunburst or black colour ne help wood be great thanx guys.
sunburst!Its beautiful and the black is just plain.I wish I had got sunburst but black was the only color the had when I bought mine.
SUNBURST FTW!!!!!!
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
Quote by Double Basser
Cort's are amazingly underrated

+1. Good bang for buck.
usually is a matter of personal taste
but in this case you cant compare them
the ATK is better in every simple way
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Nothing is sexier than a black bass, and good choice on the ATK
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Nothing is sexier than a black bass, and good choice on the ATK

Normally I would agree with you on this, but the ATK is a dead black not a brilliant sleek looking black. At least the two I've seen.

Sunburst gets my vote.
Go for the ATK.
Fender Geddy Lee, Precision (MIA), Fender Standard Jazz, Ibanez SR700, GK MB210 combo, GK 210MBE
Quote by Muse=Rock
I was wondering what bass I should get. I want a bass that would go well with effects as I play a lot of Muse and prefferably a 5 string. The ones I've been looking at are The ESP-B55 and the Ibanez GSR-205. What do ya reckon?

man get the B-55, i have one and in my opinion its better then alot of basses 3 times the price
i just played the atk today and its sweet defiantly going to get it after my jazz bass