I will be using a Jackson King v and Schecter Synyster Standard along with Boss Gt-8. Dunno if that matters but i tried it with a Line 6 and it sounded crappy. If you can post the price.. Nothing over $500 i guess.. Thanks!
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,
and they shall be forever known as the person i cannot escape in the pit

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Randall RG50TC.

You're not using the preamps on the GT-8 are you? Because there's no point in buying a high gain amplifier if you use the Boss GT-8's preamp models.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
you're not happy with your half stack?
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Quote by CrabShrapnel
you're not happy with your half stack?

Probably not since it's most likely an MG100HDFX and those things sound like turd.

I wouldn't be happy either.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
a B-52 AT-112. Tube-rectified, and gives a high-gain sound similar to a Mesa.
That's like the 10th time someone suggested the Randall and a B-52 in the same thread. For my own understand, with is better? Like I heard good and bad for both.
Quote by freeloader1504
That's like the 10th time someone suggested the Randall and a B-52 in the same thread. For my own understand, with is better? Like I heard good and bad for both.

Both of them aren't better than the other, just different. The B-52 sounds much more like a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier as apposed to the Randall which sounds a bit similar, albeit less aggressive sounding IMHO.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by Benguitar2
Marshall would be my suggestion, BUT it is $600.00 instead of $500.00 which just means you need to save up a little more.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG100HDFX-MG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package-482807-i1145908.gc

Helllll no.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Benguitar2
Marshall would be my suggestion, BUT it is $600.00 instead of $500.00 which just means you need to save up a little more.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Marshall-MG100HDFX-MG412-Slant-Cab-Half-Stack-Package-482807-i1145908.gc

Are you serious? Or are you taking the piss?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by qotsa1998
a B-52 AT-112. Tube-rectified, and gives a high-gain sound similar to a Mesa.

nah not really.

I would go for the randall, great hard rock tones, may sacrifice a bit in the clean section though.
If hes using something nice like a GT-8 then why not just get a power amp and a cab? You can get 500watt power amps now for like $100 if that. Then you just need a cab of your choice.
i feel like i see the same thread everday.
and everyday i recommend the peavey 5150.
you'll have to look used though.
do need good cleans?
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
As long as the clean sounds somewhat okay, it doesn;t have to sound perfect or anything
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I will make it my personal mission to track you down and floss your teeth with a wound g string.

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
eh you might be able to coax a decent clean out.
just play around with it a little bit and you can get a passable clean.
but if its something you really need id skip the 5150.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
well, see the thing is when I use the gt-8 with these amps, won;t they sound like crap, since the amp is going to be high gain and the pedalboard have its own metal settings?
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
if you're still going to use the pedal distortion modes, then just find an amp with a good clean to build off of.
maybe a classic 30 or some fender.
Guitar:
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Alright heres what i have come done to..
for now I will not use the pedal board and just work off the amp with a footswitch. here are the two amps:

Peavey Transtube 212 EFX for $250-footswitch included
Randall RG100SC 2X12 for $225
Both are used but in excellent/mint condition...any ideas on which to get?
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
anyone got any ideas between the two?????
Quote by bartdevil_metal

Quote by Zaphikh
Oh yes, the communist.

^Me
Quote by Al4Project
Yes,

^Me

Valveking Wiki
Quote by Benguitar2

You have a Gibson Les Paul Sunburst Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Goldtop Reissue and 1964 Blonde Fender Bassman and you seriously just recommended that?

Wow.

TS, neither one of those amps are particularly special, though I'd recommend the Peavey if I had to choose. If you're using the models on the GT-8 for your sound and really only need a clean channel, get a nice Fender or something.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
bump i have the rg100sc g2 and it sounds pretty good especially at that price transtube is modeling so i dont think i t will accept your gt-8 very good.