I just finished a few beats today on Sony Acid Pro, and I uploaded them on my band profile here http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/sigurdrings/music/ . The new ones are Mandocell, Casa Calor, and Megalon, but feel free to comment on the old ones too. crit 4 crit on anything.

edit:fixed Megalon mp3.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Last edited by aetherspear at Apr 18, 2008,
I really liked Megalon and Mandocell. My only complaint would be that there are some points where not everything sounds in time, but that's probably cause I just woke up. Good work.
Yeah, I spend much more time on Megalon. I'm in an intense beatmaking weekend, I'm gonna post another maybe tonight.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Wow, dude... Casa Calor screams Portishead to me. perfect 420 jam. Thank you for that.

Mandocell had an awesome beat and bassline, but I thought the strings were out of key or something. They just clashed with the rest of the groove.

Love the bassline on Megalon.

You've got some nice grooving here. It would suit bluesy female vocals so well... man. It's just so Portishead or Massive Attack or something.

It could be hip hop back tracks as well.

Check my mine out? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=833186
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Yeah looking back (one day later) I think I'm gonna change the bass for Mandocell and get rid of that guitar line. I was actually going to get a friend to rhyme over these, but Portishead was in the back of my mind when I started. and 420 probably is the reason for so many new beats.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
I actually do Hip Hop production for my friend as well. He's not into trippy beats, though... so its all pretty straight and some of it is funky. I will post some of his stuff as we finish it. (it all has live guitars and bass on it, so it fits this forum well anyway)
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
Mandocell and Casa Calor are deadly! Big time Portishead vibe. They're all well produced and put together, I seriously enjoyed listening to em, your profile's going in my favourites. I've got nothing I can say to improve upon them as tracks. Vocals would be cool, they've definitely got that potential to be songs. Really tasteful and considered, great beats, sounds and melody. Real soundtrackability too, really atmospheric. Well done. Thanks for the crit by the way, much appreciated.
So many possibilities, so little ability.

Quote by Asthia
You know you're a guitar player when you tell your father what note he's yelling at you in and then improvise over the top.
Thanks guys. I guess I'll ease up on the portishead influence a bit. Don't want to sound like Portishead Jr.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Ah no, you don't sound derivative, just in the same kind of style. Definitely a compliment on my part, I honestly think you've got some deadly tracks, good return on whatever time (I expect a lot) you've spent on them. Keep going with the style, you're good at it.
So many possibilities, so little ability.

Quote by Asthia
You know you're a guitar player when you tell your father what note he's yelling at you in and then improvise over the top.
Mandocell is bitching. I love the horns and the overall vibe on it. With some vocals it'd make a great song. Your style reminds me of this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWkOVJxn_YM&feature=related Finnish rapper, great beats. The other two were pretty decent too but I tought Mandocell was the tightest.

Here's a link to my tune if you don't mind checking it out. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=843083
^I've actually heard of Asa before, he's good and I don't really care what he's saying. I check yours out in a few.
Quote by allislost
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
I know this is gonna sound a bit weird, but i love the vibe of mandocell, and would like to throw a few rhymes over that, if you dont mind of course. And I wont rip it from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynemo
"I can't believe you didn't dress up. You're the weirdest guy on this shift."
I said "I was gonna dress like your mom, but I didn't feel like growing a beard".
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnynemo
"I can't believe you didn't dress up. You're the weirdest guy on this shift."
I said "I was gonna dress like your mom, but I didn't feel like growing a beard".
All three were very well done. You definitely know your stuff. My favorite of the three would have to be Megalon, the atmosphere you created with that was superb. I found myself jamming over Casa Calor, too (which is a good thing). Kudos to you
Awesome stuff man, I really digg it. Not to beat a dead horse, but I defnitely hear Portishead in your sound, it's pretty rad. The production is really good and everything is very tastefully done. Nice work!