This thread is for rock climbers everywhere who love guitar!post a picture,but only 1 a day,please.Climb on!I'm goin to Tennesse to boulder soon!Adreaniline climbing is the gym i climb at mostly tho...

go find a rock and climb it!
kosh
Quote by ThePeacefrog
Thats some pretty awful advice if I do say.

well not just any rock...oh and bring friends so you dont fall and die alone in the woods somewhere
Quote by Kosh H
well not just any rock...oh and bring friends so you dont fall and die alone in the woods somewhere

when are you 08'ers gonna figure out the that the pit isn't a good place to be until you've been here about 2 months?
besides, i'm pretty sure you need more than just some friends to keep from falling and dieing. like maybe a harness, some ropes, carabiners, and belay devices? when are you gonna learn?
Well, bouldering is the climbing of boulders (weird, right?) so the climbs are not really that high. Usually you will have someone to spot you while you climb, to catch you if you slip and fall. Sometimes you travel horizontally across a rock, and are not high above the ground anyway - this is called a traverse.

Yeah, bouldering is fun. I participate.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Quote by pancakes
Well, bouldering is the climbing of boulders (weird, right?) so the climbs are not really that high. Usually you will have someone to spot you while you climb, to catch you if you slip and fall. Sometimes you travel horizontally across a rock, and are not high above the ground anyway - this is called a traverse.

Yeah, bouldering is fun. I participate.

You rock(haha)Yes all you need for bouldering is a spotter some crash pads and beer!(not really...well maybe.)Do you know who jason kehl is?I climbed with him at my gym last year!cool huh?
Quote by ortrigger

besides, i'm pretty sure you need more than just some friends to keep from falling and dieing. like maybe a harness, some ropes, carabiners, and belay devices? when are you gonna learn?

meh that stuff is for pussies, free soloing FTW.

actually, having a belayer is a pain in the ass.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Having a belayer isnt that bad but the damn rope sure gets in the way sometimes.
Quote by Kosh H
Having a belayer isnt that bad but the damn rope sure gets in the way sometimes.

yeah, that's a big part of it, my main gripe though is that you have to set all of the crap up beforehand (I'm talking about climbing actual rock faces, not climbing walls) Lead climbing isn't so bad, but you have to carry all of your cams and stuff, and put them into the rock face.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Apr 18, 2008,
I do rock climbing, in college, they take a group to the climbing centre
highest wall there is 50m, , i can climb up a 50m wall but on grade 4
i love boldring, but make sure u dont fall on to a hard ground, or just make sure u dont fall at all
I went rock climbing with my class in Wales and I loved it! We did alot of other stuff there too, skiing, kayaking, absailing, jumping off bridges.....twas fun
I climb. Its great and i love it.

Though i mostly climb on the wall in my gym. Don't have much actual outdoors experience.
Though i'm quite decent at climbing. About Grade 5b climber. Which i don't know how it compares to other grades cuz almost every country has their different grading system.
i love climbing outdoors but the gym isn't bad.i can do a 5.9 on the walls, and a V3 on bouldering.
I do quite a bit of friction climbing. Was scary as hell going from normal rock to slab butany pics once you get the hang of it its really fun. I'll probably post some pictures later. There are some pretty good crags about an hours hike from my house and my alltime favorite spot, peshastin pinnacles is a few hours away in Leavenworth.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
YEA CLIMBING, i love, anybody here been to the gunks?
Gear:

Fender Blues Junior
MIM Standard Strat
EVH Phaser
535 q dunlop wah
modded ts9
E.H. Pulsuar Tremelo
Homemade truebypass box
a little bit of jesus
I should have made a new thread.

If there's not a climbing club yet I'm starting it up.

EDIT:

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/rockclimbers/
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Last edited by woodenbandman at Nov 7, 2008,