don't know if this is the right forum, but its only a general question.
so why don't les pauls have floyd roses or other tremolo's (with the exception of custom made guitars), cause i'd love to have one with a floyd.
Quote by St.Loony
I went doctors to see if I had AIDs. Apparently all I have is this thing called hiv... So nothing to worry about

Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Breedlove AD25/SM
Marshall MG30DFX
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Isn't a new Les Paul model coming out this year with a floyd?
Also, I've seen one for sale on ebay, from the 80's...
Quote by MattMac273
Isn't a new Les Paul model coming out this year with a floyd?
Also, I've seen one for sale on ebay, from the 80's...

And he is correct. There's also going to be an Explorer with Floyd Rose coming out later this year. Check musicians friend...and please use the right forum next time.
The Pit. The Movie.
Because it kills the sustain, the tone, and overall its pretty tacky on a guitar like a Les Paul.

Also: Its a ridiculous amount of work to load a Floyd Rose into a Les Paul, because the 'Paul is a good deal thicker than a typical guitar, so you either have to have a long-block, or you have to cut out all the more wood, and because a high-quality 'Paul will have an arched top, which has to be cut with lots of care so that a Floyd will sit flush.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Because Gibson thinks that their guitars are pretty much perfect, so they don't need innovation. Only more reissues.

On a side note, there is a LP with a Floyd on it this year.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
I saw one in a musiciansfriend magazine last year. White epiphone I believe.

Washburn also makes a few, Not true LP's but VERY similar shapes.

Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
LP with Bigsby is much more epic.

Well, I can't find a picture of Travis Stsver from Coheed playing his, but that would've been what would be here otherwise!