Why would you spend the time reading an online message board simply to post Tldr?
I have seen this annoyance growing in frequency over the last few weeks. Why bother?
Why do you want to inform the world that you have the attention span of a gnat?
Why do you want to participate in a text based forum when you are telling the entire planet that your comprehension skills are akin with a 3 year old?

If a threadstarter needs to type more than 1 paragraph in order to convey his/her thoughts the least you can do is move onto a thread that starts out with a single sentence rather than letting the rest of us know how stupid/ignorant/inconsiderate you are. Why bother typing tldr? Does that make you feel special? Have you succeeded in conveying somethig special to all of the other users?

At what point does stupidity become the norm? Do you go to school/work and inform people that you could not accomplish a task because the instructions were to long?
Does this shit fly in your world? I hope it doesn't

Maybe my expectations are too high. Maybe I'm assuming to much to expect someone that works for me to "READ and COMPREHEND" written instructions that I leave for them. I also expect my co-workers to have legible handwriting so people understand what they are trying to convey. I have fired people that can't write.
Ya I know. I'm a dick. I got over that a long time ago. If you work for me and leave me a tldr message I will most likely kick the living shit out of you before I fire you. You obviously lack the ability to tell anybody what happened to you so I can do so with impunity.

Written word is communication. Communication with one another does more to set us as humans apart from the rest of life on Earth to place us at the top of the food chain.

So UG feel free to consume everbody you see responding to threads with TLDR.
They are food.
/Rant.

And ya I made it long in order to gather an entire page of tldr comments.
All of which I am going to report until my thread is closed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
i want to so badly.
who cares, though? if it bothers you report their post and forget about it
end of
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
vlbdr(very long but did read )

I agree!!

wasn't actually long either...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by lateraluspiral
i want to so badly.
who cares, though? if it bothers you report their post and forget about it
end of

It's becoming quite the trend. Don't you think?

Quote by NFFC_1865
tl;dr

Reported. It's useless spam.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Ok, I have to agree with you to a point.
But a lot of people don't come on here to read 1,000 word sob-stories, but some do.
There are a lot of threads that could easily be condensed down into a much smaller space, and countless more who could simply utilise sentences and paragraphs to make it more legible - but then some threads NEED to be long - and some people don't want to read long threads.

However, saying that... it is fucking retarded when people don't read a thread, and then simply post saying that they didn't. Clever.
Meh, it'll die out eventually.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
I hope it dies out eventually Bubban. It's so pointless.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Tom Martin
Ok, I have to agree with you to a point.
But a lot of people don't come on here to read 1,000 word sob-stories, but some do.
There are a lot of threads that could easily be condensed down into a much smaller space, and countless more who could simply utilise sentences and paragraphs to make it more legible - but then some threads NEED to be long - and some people don't want to read long threads.

However, saying that... it is fucking retarded when people don't read a thread, and then simply post saying that they didn't. Clever.

I agree with you 100% But why share your ambivilance? Just move on.
I would rather see 100 pear posts. At least that required a little effort on the part of the poster.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
VLDR
very long, did read

good stuff, i agree.
i say we all do the report thing to anyone posting tl;dr
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
Quote by Jackal58
Reported. It's useless spam.

In that case,it wasn't spam in my opinion.
He was trying to be humurous.
But probably in any other thread it would be spam.
You make a thread about tl;dr yet you expect people not to post tl;dr?
I would say that you have no sense of humour,but I'm not because you make awesome demotes
I agree 100%.
It's just a useless piece of spam, and I bet half the people who do post "tl;dr" actually read it, however feel the need to be a smartass.
Quote by Jackal58
I agree with you 100% But why share your ambivilance? Just move on.
I would rather see 100 pear posts. At least that required a little effort on the part of the poster.

I'm sharing my ambivalence because it's the internet and thats what we're allowed to do. Would you rather I just posted a post saying something like "I agree totally" etc... I've always thought any argument was improved by more than one side being added to a debate
I hardly ever see the tl;dr around here though.

And when I do, it's usually because the topic is spam anyways...

But agreed, it's stupid.
what about Too Long, Just Skimmed?
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
What's with that huge wall of text in the OP, huh?

Lies on my part. It is fairly annoying. They could just not post at all.
Quote by redneckrebel
Wow...just wow

A clapstack? My life is complete.
Quote by Våd Hamster
I hardly ever see the tl;dr around here though.

And when I do, it's usually because the topic is spam anyways...

I agree, I never see it on here ever either, I don't know what you're talking about OP.
Quote by Jackal58
Why would you spend the time reading an online message board simply to post Tldr?
I have seen this annoyance growing in frequency over the last few weeks. Why bother?
Why do you want to inform the world that you have the attention span of a gnat?
Why do you want to participate in a text based forum when you are telling the entire planet that your comprehension skills are akin with a 3 year old?

If a threadstarter needs to type more than 1 paragraph in order to convey his/her thoughts the least you can do is move onto a thread that starts out with a single sentence rather than letting the rest of us know how stupid/ignorant/inconsiderate you are. Why bother typing tldr? Does that make you feel special? Have you succeeded in conveying somethig special to all of the other users?

At what point does stupidity become the norm? Do you go to school/work and inform people that you could not accomplish a task because the instructions were to long?
Does this shit fly in your world? I hope it doesn't

Maybe my expectations are too high. Maybe I'm assuming to much to expect someone that works for me to "READ and COMPREHEND" written instructions that I leave for them. I also expect my co-workers to have legible handwriting so people understand what they are trying to convey. I have fired people that can't write.
Ya I know. I'm a dick. I got over that a long time ago. If you work for me and leave me a tldr message I will most likely kick the living shit out of you before I fire you. You obviously lack the ability to tell anybody what happened to you so I can do so with impunity.

Written word is communication. Communication with one another does more to set us as humans apart from the rest of life on Earth to place us at the top of the food chain.

So UG feel free to consume everbody you see responding to threads with TLDR.
They are food.
/Rant.

And ya I made it long in order to gather an entire page of tldr comments.
All of which I am going to report until my thread is closed.

That killed me
Probably it's the latest "cool" internet thing to do. People who think things like that are cool are lame. Memes are lame.
ಥ_ಥ
I would support making tl;dr a bannable... or at least warnable offense

it's stupid,
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by timo1
In that case,it wasn't spam in my opinion.
He was trying to be humurous.
But probably in any other thread it would be spam.
You make a thread about tl;dr yet you expect people not to post tl;dr?
I would say that you have no sense of humour,but I'm not because you make awesome demotes

So was the reported comment. And it's humorous. Damn I hate grammEr nazis too.

Quote by Tom Martin
I'm sharing my ambivalence because it's the internet and thats what we're allowed to do. Would you rather I just posted a post saying something like "I agree totally" etc... I've always thought any argument was improved by more than one side being added to a debate

Sure you can say/do whatever you care to. To a point. But typing tl dr doesn't add any info to a conversation other than the fact that you're lazy. Or stupid. Well they usually go hand in hand. And stating your agreement with a previous statement allows others to agree or disagree with you.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Carswell98
I would support making tl;dr a bannable... or at least warnable offense

it's stupid,

I'm pretty sure it already is. While I was banned, I remember seeing a couple of users in the FOTB complain about being banned for saying "tl;dr".
Who cares, honestly, all this thread is is a bunch of TL;DR comments or "I agree".
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Jackal58
So was the reported comment. And it's humorous. Damn I hate grammEr nazis too.

Grammar and spelling are two different things.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by razorback_al_31
Here we go, first they ban the pear, then rick rollin. I said they would try and ban things like lol and tldr. Come on, you don't like it, learn how to summarise your stories/questions. Or GTFO

LISTEN TO THIS MAN!
Quote by Doppelgänger
I'm pretty sure it already is. While I was banned, I remember seeing a couple of users in the FOTB complain about being banned for saying "tl;dr".

ok...good

Quote by MedicreDemon
Who cares, honestly, all this thread is is a bunch of TL;DR comments or "I agree".

so it's a normal pit thread?
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Grammar and spelling are two different things.

I also hate winners of spelling bees. They're as bad as grammEr nazis.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi