This isn't something I would take to the doctor since it isn't too big of a deal, just to get that out of the way.

Due to my extreme scrawniness and my lack of a girlfriend I thought lift some small weights a few times a week might help my overall image and health. (slowly working my way up in weight of course.) I noticed some sligh pain in my right wrist when it's gripping the same as the left which has no pain whatsoever.....Any ideas?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by aaron6890
stop masterbating

*masturbating, thought I'd correct you if you felt like saying that...

Seriously though, that might help.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Are you twisting your wrist on one arm differently/strangely?
The weight might be too heavy, causing you to do this.
Quote by GibsonGuru311
play more bass to biuld up muscle

I fail to see how playing more bass will improve anything except my forearms which are strong enough for now....from playing bass.

lotsofvolume: The weights are 15lbs and my limit is around 60 or 70 so I don't think that's it. There's no twisting motions either, I've been observing my wrists for that lately....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Stop cutting.

I will now read what you wrote and post a real response.

icy hot?(I'm saying this for real)
Maybe just use some ice in a bag...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by BladeSlinger
*masturbating, thought I'd correct you if you felt like saying that...

Seriously though, that might help.....

now im ashamed,you bested me, i'll help you, put some icy hot on it or something, and no im not saying that to be funny, it might actually help, if not, get one of those wrist binding things, and sleep with it on.
Of course, of course... got problems only a licensed medical professional can fix? Come to UG first!
Looking for my India/Django.
i got that too when i started, it's just your wrist muscles getting used to the high reps. Do wrist strengthening exercises too and it will pass
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by aaron6890
now im ashamed,you bested me, i'll help you, put some icy hot on it or something, and no im not saying that to be funny, it might actually help, if not, get one of those wrist binding things, and sleep with it on.

I would do some sort of pain reliever but it's only present when I lift the weights so I assumed covering up the pain instead of stopping it all together wouldn't be too good....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
are you a lefty? if you are its probably a combination of playing guitar/have a weaker arm than your dominant one. also, theres always carpal tunnel.
-GEAR-

-Ibanez SZ520
-Fender Standard Mexican Tele
-Specter Legend 4 Bass
AMPS
-Crate GLX212
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Fender BLX 220
Quote by TheMatches11
are you a lefty? if you are its probably a combination of playing guitar/have a weaker arm than your dominant one. also, theres always carpal tunnel.

I'm right handed, play bass with my fingers, use a lot of down picking on guitar and fap so my right arm is probably the strongest of the two....

EDIT: No stretches are done. I thought with such small weights it would be unecessary...
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I sort of have the same problem.

My left hand, when doing this, is fine, but my right hand sometimes kills when i tend to use heavier weights. My right wrist is generally stiff, so yours may be as well, i dunno.

Just try using lighter weights that you're comfortable with, and slowly build it up, unless you're having trouble even with the light weights.