just for something else to listen to, also any good albums youd reccomend in this style

thanks
My gear:
Ibanez jem555, rg320, rg170dx
Ashton gt100 amp
boss me50
an australian guy called Nick Charles who's an amazing country influenced fingerstylist, i suggest you check him out he's awesome. I don't even like country that much but his stuff is impressive
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Leo Kottke.
:3
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Nick Drake- 5 Leaves Left is a cool album

Davey Graham- Hmm, too much to pick. He's does so many genres whatever album you get you might like or loathe. Just go Greatest Hits or Best Of or whatever he's got out

Bert Jansch is very similar to Davey Graham, voice 'n all. Still cool though.

Devendra Banhart- Nino Rojo and Rejoicing in the Hands have some fingerstyle. EDIT: Not to say that his others don't, but Oh Me Oh My might be not be a good introduction. You'd either love it or hate it.

Simon and Garfunkel too!

If you're looking electric- The Doors guitarist plays fingerstyle. And Mark Knopfler/Dire Straits.
Quote by aaron13
well i get on the net and chat with hot chicks alot.
most of them want to see me naked.. and they are over 18..
Last edited by Hobolad at Apr 19, 2008,
Jeff Beck and my personal favorite John Butler
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Knopfler, Beck, and Wes Montgomery.
Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up.
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit.
Mark Knopfler definitely
Kiss me once again
Don't you never never say that we're through
Cause I ain't never
Never
Never no no
Loved a girl the way that I
I love you
No mention of Mikael Akerfeldt yet?
Facebook.com/Notafluke
J.J. Cale and Jim Croce
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
The guy from REM...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
The guy from REM...

Peter Buck. He doesn't really finger pick a lot, though. Also, check out José Gonzales.
Quote by European Son
Peter Buck. He doesn't really finger pick a lot, though. Also, check out José Gonzales.

I saw some documentary which said he did. I have no idea if he really does... Sounds sorta like he could.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
I saw some documentary which said he did. I have no idea if he really does... Sounds sorta like he could.

Hmm, as far as I know, he plays with a pick. At least he did during his most jingly-jangly period. And I knid of assumed he did during his later career as well. I may very well be wrong.
Wes Montgomery
Four On Six
Full House
Impressions

Robby Kreiger (Doors)
People Are Strange
Moonlight Drive
The End

Mark Knopfler
Sultans Of Swing
Money For Nothing
Private Investigations
Clapton
McLaughlin

Metheny
Wakenius
kaki king
yes she is VERY UGLY, but never the less a good finger picker. (she'd have to be since shes a lesbian too)
I guess Robbie Krieger from the Doors would be a good one. And someone told me that Ritchie Blackmore fingerpicks. Is that true?
Last edited by IronMaiden5 at Jun 22, 2008,