Was thinking about the Blackouts AHB-1 or AHB-2 or the Dimebucker SH-13 for my custom ESP. So which one is better for soloing, powerchords and stuff? thanks in advance
Gear:

2004 PRS Swamp Ash Special
Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Don't bother thinking about pickups until you've got a decent amp, you'd just be wasting your money.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Don't bother thinking about pickups until you've got a decent amp, you'd just be wasting your money.

Will people stop just freaking being all smart about my amp, it's a good sounding amp and I stick with it. I'm getting a Peavey Valveking 212 though for my band.
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Quote by aeliustehman
Will people stop just freaking being all smart about my amp, it's a good sounding amp and I stick with it. I'm getting a Peavey Valveking 212 though for my band.
3 (electric) guitars and a custom ESP, and yet you're only going up to an entry-level valve amp?
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by jeowy
3 (electric) guitars and a custom ESP, and yet you're only going up to an entry-level valve amp?

unless you can recommend me something else for metal gigging
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Mate... it's hard not to rip on a Line 6 Spider amp... but good choice with the Valveking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
Quote by aeliustehman

People will stop when you stop asking vague, noobish questions.

Why do you want new pickups, what is it about your tone you don't like currently (apart from the obvious answer of "it's coming out of a Spider"), what is it about the tone that you want to change and are you sure that pickups are the way to achieve it?

If you're getting a Valveking then wait until you've got it and see what your sound is like. Chances are with a half-decent amp you'll find you're a lot happier with your sound and don't need to change anything.

If you need to buy anything it's most likely going to be an EQ pedal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
People will stop when you stop asking vague, noobish questions.

Why do you want new pickups, what is it about your tone you don't like currently (apart from the obvious answer of "it's coming out of a Spider"), what is it about the tone that you want to change and are you sure that pickups are the way to achieve it?

If you're getting a Valveking then wait until you've got it and see what your sound is like. Chances are with a half-decent amp you'll find you're a lot happier with your sound and don't need to change anything.

If you need to buy anything it's most likely going to be an EQ pedal.

That's what I was thinking I'm just saying , I don't HAVE this guitar yet. I'm trying to fill out the form and I don't know what these pickups sound like, I'm just asking anyone's opinion on those models.
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
it seems that most of this site like dimarzio breeds for metal guitars so have a look into them
Quote by aeliustehman
That's what I was thinking I'm just saying , I don't HAVE this guitar yet. I'm trying to fill out the form and I don't know what these pickups sound like, I'm just asking anyone's opinion on those models.

There's soundclips on the seymour duncan website, you might want to go and check them out.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
Here comes a bit of a rant, and a slew of responses from the same people I'm talking about...I don't know why everyone has to be so hateful at the line 6 spider all the time. So what if it doesnt have the tone that YOU like. The bottom line for me and for everyone out there that has one is this.

It's relatively inexpensive comparitively, you get a buttload of effects without having to purchase a rediculous amount of pedals, and an onboard tuner, for someone who doesnt have alot of money and wants a good amount of effects and a good amp for a good price it's a great amp, it just makes sense for someone that doesnt want to spend their life savings on a super expensive tube amp. People should just stop being such huge snobs when it comes to other peoples equipment.

Also, I have used Mustaine Livewires and they are really good, everything that I've heard about Blackouts makes them sound amazing, so I'm going to give them a try.

Gibson Explorer w/ EMG's
line 6 Spider III 150
Crybaby From hell
Les Paul Classic
^Try using your signature, instead of typing in your gear every time. It makes you look like a tool.

And if you like your Spider, good for you. And it's NOT a great amp for a good price. When you get to the larger wattage models, like yours, you could be getting better amps for the same price.

And if you don't have the guitar, or a good amp yet, don't think about pickups. No point.

You change pickups to tweak your tone. So if you don't have your "ideal" amp yet, how can you tweak your tone? And if you don't have the guitar yet, how can you figure out what needs to be tweaked, or if the pickups even need changing?
You're getting ahead of yourself.
^^I can see where you're coming from. But, that's not really relative to this thread.

The kid needs a band-worthy amp. Spiders are not the best route for that.

Also, there's not as much of a difference between low gain humbuckers and active EMGs if you're using a freaking computer for an amp(yes, I'm calling it a computer).

TS, I'm not a big fan of Valvekings. But, if that's what you want, go for it. I'd check out the
B-52 AT-series, though. I have the 60W combo, and it's pretty much amazing.

As for the pick-ups, I don't know much about either. Though, I have heard that Blackouts are pretty much active EMGs...but, better. And, I've mostly heard bad things about Dimebuckers.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by forsaknazrael
^Try using your signature, instead of typing in your gear every time. It makes you look like a tool.

And if you like your Spider, good for you. And it's NOT a great amp for a good price. When you get to the larger wattage models, like yours, you could be getting better amps for the same price.

And if you don't have the guitar, or a good amp yet, don't think about pickups. No point.

You change pickups to tweak your tone. So if you don't have your "ideal" amp yet, how can you tweak your tone? And if you don't have the guitar yet, how can you figure out what needs to be tweaked, or if the pickups even need changing?
You're getting ahead of yourself.

I aggree with that, he is getting ahead of himself, it was a little off topic it wasn't directed at his particular situation. As far as better amps for the price I still have to disagree, maybe it's just for what I'm looking for but I did a lot of looking before deciding on this amp and couldn't really find any thing comparable. Tube amp's are just to expensive and you have to buy a pedal for every effect you want. To me even if I play devils advocate and say you sacrifice sound, it's worth it to have on the built on things, maybe I didn't look into the right place or something but 5 different channels blues-metal-twang etc and 6+ effects and an onboard tuner, two 12 inch celestions. Seems like a damn good deal. I don't need a half stack and it seems like 150 watts through 12 inch celestion's does fine for gigging, but I don't know what kind of crowds he's playing to.
Ps.
I'm new to this, and am infact a tool (thanks for noticing) so I will probably continue to type my gear.
That's just it, nobody needs 1/10th of the stuff you get on something like a Spider, you spend a few weeks mucking around with it and eventualyl you'll end up with a few sounds that you use all the time. You don't need presets and onboard effects, a decent guitarist with a decent 2 channel tube amp can get all the tonal variation he needs from the amp, his hands and the controls on his guitar.

Tube amps aren't too expensive, you just get less useless features with them and you've interepreted that as less value.

Besides, I doubt price is an issue for somebody that can afford a custom ESP...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
That's just it, nobody needs 1/10th of the stuff you get on something like a Spider, you spend a few weeks mucking around with it and eventualyl you'll end up with a few sounds that you use all the time. You don't need presets and onboard effects, a decent guitarist with a decent 2 channel tube amp can get all the tonal variation he needs from the amp, his hands and the controls on his guitar.

Tube amps aren't too expensive, you just get less useless features with them and you've interepreted that as less value.

Besides, I doubt price is an issue for somebody that can afford a custom ESP...

Good Point about price not being an issue, I agree that the presets are basically useless which is why I didn't mention them. I think the effects are great and I don't see how you can say with a straight face when looking at the pedalboards of most professional guitarists that all they need to get all the sounds from just their guitar and their hands...or whatever you said. If you can tell me how to get phaser or delay from your fingers,hands,or just your guitar I'm listening.
Quote by aeliustehman

I think he is just trying to fill out a custom form that let's him chose the pick-ups in his new custom guitar he is buying. Have you already done that aeliustehman and made a decision?

;