I know it originated as a Bass amp, but i seem to hear people all the time claiming use as a Guitar amp, whats the deal?
My DeviantArt

Gear;

Vox AC50CPH
Framus FR 212 CB
Ibanez AF105
Ibanez RGT32FMSP
Line 6 DL4

If you have a camera or photography related question, i can help.

Quote by TooFast
I'd fuck the shit out of that dude.
Loads of guitarists use the Bassman as a guitar amp aswell and if i remember right some of the old Bassman series where made for guitar aswell. It sounds really great, but if you want to get some distortion out of the bassman you would need to boost the signal or link the channels on it or something
Yes, infact the Jtm45 was modelled on a Bassman. AS far as sound goes its a very nice, woody, deep, thick, clean tone.
The current line of amps called the "Bassman" are just bass amps. But the 4x10 tweed reissue (THE EXPENSIVE ONE, btw) and 60's and 70's silverface models are all usable guitar amps, and for the most part, were popular being used as such.
At one point Hendrix was using Bassman's
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
All Bassmans from up to about 1968 were better for guitar than for bass (the '59 reissue is obviously an exception). Some of the models (or just one, depending on how you look at it) are considered as some of the greatest guitar amps ever made.

Quote by glamsnotdead
Loads of guitarists use the Bassman as a guitar amp aswell and if i remember right some of the old Bassman series where made for guitar aswell. It sounds really great, but if you want to get some distortion out of the bassman you would need to boost the signal or link the channels on it or something

No, you just turn it up; like any other amp.