so i was helping my next door neighbour clear out his shed and found a speaker cab complete with speakers. he said if i wanted it i could have it so i took it.
its by a company called simms watts and was apparently there when he moved in and he had been using it as a shelf,
not sure how old it is or any thing about it and hoping someone on here could tell me its age /some info on the company any thing really.
it says made in england and from looking at it i would guess 70's but not sure at all.
its in pretty good condition and the speakers have survived remarkably well (like new). not sure if it still works tho as i dont have an amp to power it.
the cab is solid pine and seems really well built.
cheers
Attachments:
DSC00146a.jpg
DSC00143a.jpg
DSC00145a.jpg
Cool stuff. Simms-Watts used to make some pretty killer heads. I believe a lot of them were Marshall copies.

I bet the cab sounds really killer.

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
cheers for the reply any idea of the age or when the company was knocking this stuff out?
Circa '70's
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I don't know anything about them, but those speakers are like super 70's sexy, man!

Have you plugged it in yet?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
no, like i said dont have an amp that will do the job, need to borrow one from a mate or something, just havn't had chance, seriously looking forward to hearing it tho,
its been in a shed at least 20 years so might just die or might sound fantastic cant wait.