Hey guys i finally got unbanned after a long story, but it was due to my mate although i was still happy to serve my time. Anyway im looking to buy a new guitar at the end of the summer, which will upgrade my iommi SG. Now the main problem is im lefty, so im looking for a guitar with great playbility and great sound after a pickup change, which will proberly be bare knuckles. Anyway I cant see many decent leftys the favourite at the moment is the ibanez rg1570L, could you guys gimi some feedback on the usual stuff like trem, neck, etc. And any problems

At the moment i own a epiphone iommi SG, which i find to be a pretty decent guitar, but i am starting to crave something with a double locking trem now, and something more versatile. So being a lefty i am pretty limited for choice. But i did find an ibanez rg1570L which seems to be a pretty decent guitar. Everyone on harmony central is saying it plays like a Jem 777 but the pups are pretty pants. And anyone got any other high end lefty guitars they know of? Because i also emailed legra custom guitars and with the specs i gave them its aroundd £1700 which is outa my price range. Would have to work solidly for 1 year on almost £40 a week. Which for a 15 year old is insane!. But if i got this RG and put some BKPs in i believe it would be just short of a flawless guitar. Anyway gimi some of your oppinions. Cheers!
Also guys could you name all the decent lefty available guitars you know, sorry to bump
hhhm um depends really if i can justify spending loads then i will, but like i said im certainly gona install BKPs to w/e guitar, so the pups dont need to be good. But i duno £500 plus i suppose
anyone had experiance with the rg prestigies and because there cheaper than the S series does it mean their worse?
I hear RG prestiges are great guitars thatll last a long time. I didnt like the RG350 I owned though. Neck profile wasnt for me, trem was crappy. You shouldnt have the trem problem with the guitar youre looking at.

RG series and S series are different in body dimensions and neck too I think but not sure about the necks (look it up on ibanez.com). S series have way thinner bodies than RG series. Also, S series use ZR trems where RG series use Edge series trems. I hear theyre both awesome if you get a higher end one (and that 1570 qualifies as higher end).
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
Quote by Varkunus
anyone had experiance with the rg prestigies and because there cheaper than the S series does it mean their worse?

The RG1570 Prestige guitar is an excellent guitar. Where did you find it cheaper than the S series? Most non prestige S series guitars are cheaper than the RG1570.

As for the RG1570, it has:

+ Basswood body; very neutral in terms of tone. If you put your own pickups in the guitar, the characteristics are really noticeable of the pickup.
+ Edge Pro trem, solid Japanese made trem, very reliable.
+ HSH Pickup configuration. Versatile!
+ 24 Fret Neck, with AANJ. 24 frets and access to high frets is awesome thanks to the neck joint and huge cutaways.
+ Free sexy hardcase! 'Nuff said.
- V & S pickups; they are kinda mediocre compared to other guitars within the price range that are pumping out SD's / EMG's. Then again, you can swap out these pickups for ones of your own choice.

I'd say it's an excellent guitar.

But remember, the feel of the guitar is very important so I'd advise going in to try it out in store. Most people recommend Schecter because they either own it and love it or the spec sheet is plain amazing. I tried it out and the feel of the Schecter guitars was rather lousy in my opinion.
hhhm cool,will the basswood gimi that low end of mahogony, whilst still cutting throught a band, which is my problem at the moment, since the other guy has an alder strat :P. And any other lefty guitars? And does the RG series give more sustain than the S series im not bothered about weight
Hmmm, I'm a lefty too. I take it you play alot of Sabbath and other sorts of old heavy British metal? Or what genres are you into? I bought an American Standard Strat, and it's...stunning. It cost me a $1000 which is around 500 pounds, I think. Great buy for the cash, and it could do metal if you maybe swap the pickups, even just the bridge one.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
Hmmm, I'm a lefty too. I take it you play alot of Sabbath and other sorts of old heavy British metal? Or what genres are you into? I bought an American Standard Strat, and it's...stunning. It cost me a $1000 which is around 500 pounds, I think. Great buy for the cash, and it could do metal if you maybe swap the pickups, even just the bridge one.

American Strats in UK, especially left handed ones will be hard to get in UK for £500.

Quote by Varkunus
hhhm cool,will the basswood gimi that low end of mahogony, whilst still cutting throught a band, which is my problem at the moment, since the other guy has an alder strat :P. And any other lefty guitars? And does the RG series give more sustain than the S series im not bothered about weight

Basswood will not give you as much low end as mahogany or will be as cutting through the mix as alder. Personally, if you EQ the amp properly and get decent pickups, you'll be fine. Players like Joe Satriani and Paul Gilbert cut through with basswood, you could too!
yh, well i play alot of older stuff really, from trex, sabbath, purple, all the way up to sorta megadeth/pantera, also wana learn some vai etc when i got a trem. BAsically needs to be versatile, and tim from BKPs recommended a warpig for the bridge, said a very good pup for those big chunky tones
Quote by Varkunus
yh, well i play alot of older stuff really, from trex, sabbath, purple, all the way up to sorta megadeth/pantera, also wana learn some vai etc when i got a trem. BAsically needs to be versatile, and tim from BKPs recommended a warpig for the bridge, said a very good pup for those big chunky tones

T.REX rocks dude, why don't you get a lefty strat like the one bolan had?
Or a flying v again like the one bolan had?
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
well its not something i play all the time, but i like that sound, but i dont want a strat, prefer nez, or gibbo sorta things
I don't know if it's been said, but you can always buy a righty guitar and switch the strings :P
Kinda makes your guitar look unique too, because it's upside down
i was talking to my guitar teahcer, and he was saying basswood is somewhat lacking in tone, what would you guys say
guys sorry to bump or whatever you call it, but could i have some feedback on basswood
Basswood isn't necessarily bad, Ibanez uses it in some pretty expensive guitars, but it is tonally neutral...
so with some BKPs would it get mahogs low end but still have alders cutting sound for jams?
Wait, you said your friend is the reason why you were banned from UG? Yet here you are double posting over and over again...
Quote by edge11
Or a flying v again like the one bolan had?

Haha i was skimming through the thread real quick and i thought he said vagina.
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
"i" got banned for trolling, and im sorry but i didnt think bumping once a day in hoping to get a reply to a sensible question was un-satisfactory. But if it is, then just go ahead an say, no like i bumped every 10 mins
Quote by Varkunus
"i" got banned for trolling, and im sorry but i didnt think bumping once a day in hoping to get a reply to a sensible question was un-satisfactory. But if it is, then just go ahead an say, no like i bumped every 10 mins

But.. Four posts in a row?
If that's bumping then woahhhhhhhhhhhhh I've got a lot to learn.