It is about time that I started a thread in The Pit. I have decided to choose this topic because i recently saw a film called "Across The Universe" a musical with a whole heap of Beatles songs and was wondering what the best musical or music movie anyone had seen was.

For me... my favourite movie is a music movie. It is called CONTROL and it is the story of the life and death of Ian Curtis and his band Joy Division. This movie is amazing...

What do we think? Good movie?....
I love musicals. LOVE them.
I went to see Chicago in London twice last year.. it's fricken amazing live!
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
I absolutely hate musicals.

I don't know why
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
i saw cats, and my fair lady.

both epic, gay as hell, but epic
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by lexaah
i saw cats, and my fair lady.

both epic, gay as hell, but epic

Cats. Yes. Epic.
My favorite musicals are Cats, Into the Woods, Avenue Q, and Hairspray.

If we're talking about movies about music, though, I'd have to go with the generic Spinal Tap.

Oh, and Music and Lyrics.
Chicago is the coolest... its probably my second favourite musical to Anything Goes,
The music in both of those is fantastic, u cant beat that old jazz...
Im an avid musical lover, been in a few myself. Sweeney Todd, Phantom of the Opera, Pracilla Queen of the desert (yes they made a musical which recently came out in australia which I was lucky enough to be at), Les Miserable, those are some of my favourites. I really do love musicals, but only if done well and written correctly. Many people dislike them, but usually ill put this down to either they dont understand it, or they saw a bad production. If you go to a good production of one, it will be something to remember. Anyway on music movies, im yet to see 'across the universe' (as im in australia and the movie didnt come out in many cinemas here). But I do always love music doco's.
Quote by 601210
Cats. Yes. Epic.

Im not a huge fan of Cats. I think the story line doesnt really do much and really Webber was just trying to be artistic. It includes alot of unnecisary crap to the story line (like that acting cat who's name escapes me). Now its a good art piece to me, but really I wish the story line was halfway decent and played out a little better.
Quote by Feel bad inc.
Im not a huge fan of Cats. I think the story line doesnt really do much and really Webber was just trying to be artistic. It includes alot of unnecisary crap to the story line (like that acting cat who's name escapes me). Now its a good art piece to me, but really I wish the story line was halfway decent and played out a little better.

I love it for the fact that you can just sit there and enjoy the music, the dancing, and the random stunts, without having to think in too much detail about the storyline.
It may be an art piece, but it's a damn good one.
Quote by Feel bad inc.

cats is more about the skills and agility of the cats themselfes and ofcours the epic songs there is really no story to it just the weird cat that goes up to the blablbalasphere or something
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Yes I do admire it for those qualities, but when I go to the theater I expect a good story line, thats my problem with it. I guess for me if I want to see art like that I will go to a dance preformance, or an art gallery or such, not a musical, but of course I do respect the piece, not saying its bad.
I like musicals. Showboat (naturally), Hairspray, RENT, Hair.

I prefer opera though. It's much better.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Incoming necro-post:

I was going to make a thread about musicals but I found this (omg I used the search bar!)

I've never been a huge musical fan but after watching Sweeney Todd I feel compelled to watch some classic musicals. If anyone has some more favorites post away!
Quote by PaperStSoapCo
Vagina's tend to be not all that great looking most of the time. It's all... flappy. Looks sloppy.

I'd have to say guy junk wins but not by much. It's like winning a beauty contest against Steve Buscemi.