Page 1 of 2
Just a quick thread to mention it being the best place in the world. Whereelse but Heriot Watt uni could you go to a party in your boxers and it's all normal? I rest my point: Edinburgh rocks. Thank you.

Other thing... I noticed this is a mostly British/Euro forum eh? And based on posts most people seem younger than me, and it's a bit weird but eh.
In Glasgow you get mugged.

Though to be honest I haven't really been there. Nor do I want to
Glasgow is the way to go

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
Quote by Pott

Other thing... I noticed this is a mostly British/Euro forum eh? And based on posts most people seem younger than me, and it's a bit weird but eh.

I wouldn't quite say that... well there definitely used to be more Americans.
you'll probably find they just post while you're sleeping, so you don't notice them as much
~Domino?

This life's too good to last
and I'm too young to care.

Musics
Follow me on Twitter, I'm cool.
Sleep? When? Hehe All my other forums are mostly American populated, that's why I was a bit surprised about this one here.
Its like, 5-8amish in america atm. Its packed full of them during their evenings/nights.
edinburghs all right

theres a helluvalotta americans on here too though

and EVERYONE is 14

welcome to UG
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
I realized I may not fit in too well when I found out most of the mods are younger than me Awkward feeling haha
Edinburgh sucks. I can't wait to leave...
Quote by rabidguitarist
Please don't ruin this thread. Transvestitism is serious business.
Edinburgh's not that great...

Glasgow's definitely better. Besides, Heriot Watt sucks
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by Pott
Just a quick thread to mention it being the best place in the world. Whereelse but Heriot Watt uni could you go to a party in your boxers and it's all normal? I rest my point: Edinburgh rocks. Thank you.

We had a talk on Scottish Uni's last week in school and Heriott Watt seemed pretty cool.
HW is one of the best unis in the UK for engineering and management. And definitely one of the best in Europe for languages. Our languages department is world famous. It's a real great place. Small uni so you know everyone, and so far I've had nothing but great things to say about it. Love the place.
A lot of people seem to do that. I didn't even apply to Edi uni though I could probably have gotten in. Wasn't interested in going to a big uni. I got into all my unis, Huddersfield (2 courses), Liverpool John something, Aston (Brum), Oxford Brookes, HW...thankfully I saw Scotland before deciding England... *shivers*
Quote by maggot9779
Go eat a deepfried mars bar Oh wait, that's Glasgow.....you win....

No, he still loses, because in Edinburgh they're all addicted to heroin.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Glasgow has such a better nightlife than Edinburgh! AND is the number one uni in Scotland (last time i checked). Better than the tech college down the road (*cough*calledonia*cough*)! U been to the calley union? its a bar... just one! we have 2 unions, the GUU has about 12 bars i think!! Strathy unions ok, but the toilets are up stairs from the bar... whats with that!?

But yeah... Glasgow > Edinburgh
Land of my high endeavor,
Land of the shining river,
Land of my heart forever,
Scotland the brave
^ +1

Glasgow > Edinburgh
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by The Lunatic
Glasgow has such a better nightlife than Edinburgh! AND is the number one uni in Scotland (last time i checked). Better than the tech college down the road (*cough*calledonia*cough*)! U been to the calley union? its a bar... just one! we have 2 unions, the GUU has about 12 bars i think!! Strathy unions ok, but the toilets are up stairs from the bar... whats with that!?

But yeah... Glasgow > Edinburgh

Glasgow University is not the best Uni in Scotland, it's Edinburgh:

http://www.timeshighereducation.co.uk/hybrid.asp?typeCode=144

And the GUU's a ****ing dump. Doesn't compare with Potterow and Teviot.

Oh, inter-Uni rivalry

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
23rd in the world?

That seems very high

But I don't normally trust league tables, they change alot

Also there are other things you need to think about before applying to a uni, as in, do you want to live their for 3, 4, 5 years?

I don't think I could have gone to Oxford for 5 years or Imperial
^^ You're right (and I chose that one because others rank St Andrews above Edinburgh, and I'm having none of that )

All the same though, you won't find a league table where Glasgow is higher than either of those Unis.

Quote by Pinky19
Quote by Badreligionrock
^^ You're right (and I chose that one because others rank St Andrews above Edinburgh, and I'm having none of that )

All the same though, you won't find a league table where Glasgow is higher than either of those Unis.

It's the 'Scottish university of the year' actually, according to the times
Last time I was at Edinburgh I was sitting on a park bench with a friend at 2 in the morning casually eating strawberry laces whilst watching these 2 guys try to beat each other to death. Good times.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by blair30
I say glasgow for shopping

edinburgh for culture

I'd say Glasgow for murder.

Edinburgh for heroin.

I've never been to either city, so I have no opinion, just what I've seen in Danny Boyle films and UG.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by blair30
I say glasgow for shopping

edinburgh for culture

I'd say they're both at least equal for culture...
Quote by meh!
It's the 'Scottish university of the year' actually, according to the times

Well, there only are 6, maybe 7, good Unis to choose from so I imagine it's a continuous loop they have. Next year it'll be Strathclyde, followed by Dundee, etc.

God I'm such a snob.

Quote by Pinky19
Edinburgh Uni/St Andrews is for toffs. And HW isn't really what I'd call a university (i.e. there are a lot of basic subjects not on offer).
Quote by rabidguitarist
Quote by SmashThings
Edinburgh Uni/St Andrews is for toffs. And HW isn't really what I'd call a university (i.e. there are a lot of basic subjects not on offer).

HW is a very small uni, about 6,000 students. Edi is a LOT bigger. That's why they don't offer that much in way of say, psychology, arts, medicine etc... It's a lot more practical: Management, engineering, physics, chemistry, languages...
Hey guys,
International Student living here in Glasgow. In the time i've been here i've seen and experienced more of Scotland than half the scots. I go to Caley...(****hole) and my only bragging right is that it's the only Optometry school in Scotland and ranked #2 in the UK.....other than that i'd never go here. I can honestly say that Edinburgh is a much more scenic, beautiful place to go and I enjoy the small city aspect of it. It has alot more culture going for it as well. Glasgow is great for a night out or some shopping. You don't need to feel threatened about murder here if you keep your mouth shut when your loaded drunk and avoid groups of Neds when you're walkin down the street.
www.ebaumsworld.com

check out garrison acoustic guitars
I've never understood the connotations of visiting Glasgow and getting murdered. I've lived there 18 years of my life and never felt felt the threat.

Quote by Pinky19
Quote by SmashThings

and? Imperial doesn't offer alot of basic subjects and is considered one of the best universities in the world.
I'm applying to both Edinburgh and Glasgow for university next year. Not sure which one I prefer the idea of more.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I might be going to edinburgh this summer. How big of a knife should I bring?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
edinburgh yay.

not even going to bother with the ****ing weegie smack heads who think that glasgow is superior.
Last edited by CrazyDavey at Apr 19, 2008,
Quote by Kensai
I might be going to edinburgh this summer. How big of a knife should I bring?

If you're staying in halls of residence then nothing more than a pen. Pollock Halls is probably in one of the safest parts.
Quote by rabidguitarist
Page 1 of 2