Hey guys!

I've been looking for a new amp for my SG, since I sold the practice amp and old guitar I had earlier (Washburn WI14 + Randall 15-something watter, for those interested).

The kind of sound I'm after is blues-rock and classic rock (think 60's, 70's and early 80's-rock). Bands like AC/DC, Thin Lizzy, The Doors, Blue Öyster Cult, Gary Moore (especially the sound he has on his newest album, more specifically the song "Eyesight to the blind") and also some kind of Easybeats-tone is what I'm after.

I've been thinking about getting an Orange Tiny Terror Combo whenever it hits the stores, but if you guys have any better suggestions that would be great! I'm going to buy the amp when I go to the U.S. in June.

Maximum budget is about 500$, and I'd prefer if the amp is all-valve.

Thanks!
Gibson SG Faded (Gibson Angus Young Signature humbucker)
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo V3

Marshall Bluesbreaker BB2 pedal
Last edited by Kiwilagoon at Apr 19, 2008,
Yeah, the Tiny Terror would be a good choice for those bands.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
Yeah, the Tiny Terror would be a good choice for those bands.

Is there any major difference between the head and combo? The most practical of the two is obviously the combo, but if the head is better I might get that and get a cabinet at home...

With the head and 2x12 or 4x12 cab, it would be probably be louder and have better sound quality. But it also costs more. The difference wouldn't be enough to justify the cost. I would go for the combo.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Allright, combo it is! Thanks for the input!

Quote by Kiwilagoon
I'm going to buy the amp when I go to the U.S. in June.

Where do you live? Are you sure you'll be able to play an amp designed for America in your country?

Anyway, if you're traveling by air, I'd suggest you just get the head. It's small enough to be your carry on luggage. Transporting the combo could be expensive, and do you really want baggage handlers throwing the thing around?
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by slatsmania
Where do you live? Are you sure you'll be able to play an amp designed for America in your country?

Anyway, if you're traveling by air, I'd suggest you just get the head. It's small enough to be your carry on luggage. Transporting the combo could be expensive, and do you really want baggage handlers throwing the thing around?

Yeah, you've got a point... I'll have to reconsider.

I live in Sweden, but I guess you could just get some kind of 220V converter/transformator for it? No?

Quote by Kiwilagoon
I live in Sweden, but I guess you could just get some kind of 220V converter/transformator for it? No?

Probably. I'd contact Orange directly about it before buying anything, though.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.