I've been playing guitar for about eight months and had my electric guitar for 1 and a half month now and I'm pretty happy with my guitar except that the sound can be a little muddy when I turn up the distortion a lot. I'm been thinking about upgrading the pickups maybe, though I don't know if it's any use when I'm playing through a Solid State amplifier.

I'm also interested in someday buying a tube amplifier though almost every tube amplifier I've seen is so big. It would be impossible to practise at home with such a big amplifier.

Forgot to mention that I mostly play Rock and Metal, though I also like to play clean stuff. My gear is Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Roland Cube 30x
Last edited by tweeb at Apr 19, 2008,
I've seen a Peavey Valveking 112 in the music store in our town I've heard good stuff about it. I've also checked out some Ralland amplifiers like this one. Any opinions on the Ralland amplifier?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RM20B-15Watt-1x12-Modular-Tube-Combo-Amp?sku=481260

As for the pickups I've been thinking about some Seymour Duncan pickups maybe. I've so many mixed opinions about Emgs so I'm not sure about them
Last edited by tweeb at Apr 19, 2008,
Ive played the vavlekings and i was really impressed by them a very good low budget tube amp.
I also have a Epi Les Paul Standard and i recently replaced the pickups. I put a Gibson ES-335 humbucker in the neck and a Seymour Duncan SH-5 in the bridge and now it sounds amazing!! I highly recommend changing the pickups in the Epi LP
Quote by futsalman
Ive played the vavlekings and i was really impressed by them a very good low budget tube amp.
I also have a Epi Les Paul Standard and i recently replaced the pickups. I put a Gibson ES-335 humbucker in the neck and a Seymour Duncan SH-5 in the bridge and now it sounds amazing!! I highly recommend changing the pickups in the Epi LP

What amplifier have you got at the moment?
Hahahh ive got a Fender Frontman 15R practice amp but i have a Carvin MTS 3200 on the way which is all tube. I use a distortion pedal with my fender.
Ok I think I'm going to save up for some pickups for now I haven't got a job so it'd take a while to save up for an tube amp though it's currently second on my list .