Hey guys (and girls) do any of you know if a Fender strat neck can replace the neck on one of these: http://www.rondomusic.com/sst623ts.html I'm not saying it has a bad neck, I just want to make it look like a vintage Fender.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
thanks
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

alright
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by lefthandman9876
yh that will fit fine

your an assclown. How do you know that? Do you have a fender neck and that guitar side by side... have you measured them? Don't talk about **** you don't know.

Forsaknazrael is right. If a company were to use the exact same dimensions as fender they would get sued hard.
With some woodworking yes it might fit, but you would be better off just getting a new guitar... A fender neck is worth more than that anyways.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
It was just a thought, it plays good enough as is. It's only my backup to my SG. thanks anyways
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by Øttər
your an assclown. How do you know that? Do you have a fender neck and that guitar side by side... have you measured them? Don't talk about **** you don't know.

Forsaknazrael is right. If a company were to use the exact same dimensions as fender they would get sued hard.
With some woodworking yes it might fit, but you would be better off just getting a new guitar... A fender neck is worth more than that anyways.

on the basses, i heard about many people switching the essex necks with fender necks without a problem.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by Øttər

With some slight mods a fender neck will fit. I've not done it but I know some that have.

Alot of companies use fender specs, they are pretty much a standard. Some are licensed by Fender, alot of them are not. Those that are not can say that fender parts will fit they just can't say that they are actual fender replacement parts.
A big give away that they are not fender licensed will be the phrase "Strat Style" or "Tele Style". So there would be no reason for any suing.

So Otter, the next time you feel like calling some one an assclown, take your own advice and "Don't talk about **** you don't know".
Last edited by Kill Rockstar at Apr 19, 2008,
you just said the exact same thing as me... "With some slight mods a fender neck will fit"

what the **** dude.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
you just said the exact same thing as me... "With some slight mods a fender neck will fit"

what the **** dude.

The part about being sued for using Fender dimensions. That is "what the **** dude".
Yeah, I was just going to get a Warmoth or something else that looks exactly like a Fender.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Quote by classicrocker01
Yeah, I was just going to get a Warmoth or something else that looks exactly like a Fender.

Have you considered Mighty Mite necks? I have four of them on partscasters and they are real nice necks. They are Fender licensed also.
If you want I can PM you a link to the guy I get them from, he does a complete fret level and dress on every neck. He also sells them 25% off.
Quote by Kill Rockstar
The part about being sued for using Fender dimensions. That is "what the **** dude".

what about when Ibanez got sued for using design too similar to gibsons?

Also yes mighty mite makes cool stuff. If you go to warmoth you could spend upwards of $250 just for a neck...
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Quote by Øttər
what about when Ibanez got sued for using design too similar to gibsons?

Also yes mighty mite makes cool stuff. If you go to warmoth you could spend upwards of $250 just for a neck...

Gibson is sue happy, they'll bring a suite against anybody if they think they can get something out of it.

The only time I've considered using Warmoth was to get a baritone neck, otherwise they are overpriced. You can get just as good stuff elsewhere for a much less price.
lol truth. You could always make the neck... then your design possibilities are basically limitless and it's a fun experience.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
What about reshaping the headstock?
I know guys that have the SX teles and they cut a tele headstock in. Looks like you might be able to reshape yours into a strat one.