Okay, I'm a Pretty Accomlished Guitar player, I'm 22, I Have Several High-End/Expensive Guitars & I have a REAL Full Stack (The 7-Foot Tall Kind) that's a mix of 2 Peavey 5150 4x12" Speaker Cabinets (one Slant cab, one Straight cab) & there's 2 Different Solid State 100-Watt (or Higher) Heads, I've got a decent pedal board going...I'm not some little 12-Year Old Dipsh!t looking for a Handout or anything...

1st Mini-Stack
Marshall MG15MSZW Zakk Wylde Signature Mini-Stack
(15-Watt, Two 1x10" Speaker Cabinets, Looks kinda cool)
Okay, when I was a Kid, my Dad bought me a Marshall Mini Stack called a Marshall Lead 12 & 3-Weeks Later, Some Asshole Coworker of his Gave him another one for Free & was like "Hey, I found this in the Trash on the way to work this morning, uuuh though you might want it" & he brought it home, to me...Now, They were okay I guess, they *DID* sound like all of the Marshall's that I HAD been exposed to by that time or that I've ever owned myself (the only two Marshall Heads EITHER My Father or Myself have owned other then the Lead 12's of course, He Had a Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet in the Late 1980s/Early 1990's...and he had Gibson Les Paul Recording Model, & he was trying for like the "Slash" (of G N' R) Sound, only one Problem; The Lead 100 Mosfet Heas = Solid State Piece of Sh!t, & the Recording Model Les Paul had those Low Impedance Pickups...And those Pickups have NO-BALLS...I have Fender Stratocasters that sound more like a Les Paul then that Les Paul. And Right now I have a Marshall MG100HDFX 100-Watt Solid State Head....Sounds okay...& I Have a Behringer V-Ampire LX1200H head 2x60-Watts Stereo Head which is an INTENSE Digital Modeling Head with like a bunch of Amp Models + A Ton of Speaker Cabinet Models + A Ton of Digital Effects + an FX Loop + All this other ****...it's like a fuking C3P0 Robot from Star Warz for F-Sake....

vs

Dimebag Darrell Mini Stack (Krank Rev Jr)

As Much as I'd like to Claim to know anything about this amp, I've never played one & I've never played a similar Clone...All I know is that I Can't Afford ANY crank Amp, & I need a New Job...that pays me a lot of money...
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
The Marshall Ministack sucks. I suggest you just save up for the Krank Rev Jr if you really want a ministack. But my suggestion would be to sell both of those heads you currently have (maybe one of the 412's too - you don't need 2 of them) and get a decent tube head, if you're looking to upgrade your rig.

But what exactly is the point of this thread?

Edit:
Quote by SG thrasher
It's days like this I pray for the pear.

What are you on about?

I'm amused.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I have the Krank Rev Jr, and I will say its bloody sweet for a bedroom amp. I could barely make out what the hell you were saying, so I will say that if you were thinking of buying it, make sure you have an Overdrive pedal with it. But you cant really go wrong with them. Just a brilliant amp imo.

^I second the pray for the pear thing.
Forget you ever heard about a Marshall MG or a Marshall Micro Stack for the matter.

Buy the Krank.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Because Using A Capital Letter At The Start Of Every Word Makes You Cool.

Buy A Frontman, They R Betr Than Mgz And You Will Slay Liek Slash Lol.

Also, How Can You Have Such A Crap Rig?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot

Also, How Can You Have Such A Crap Rig?

Hey, he just has a 7 foot tall fullstack with _2_ heads both _100_ watts or more. There's no reason to presume that he is making up for shortness in... other areas.

Quote by Lunchbox362
Quote by Mazz-
Okay, I'm a Pretty Accomlished Guitar player, I'm 22, I Have Several High-End/Expensive Guitars & I have a REAL Full Stack (The 7-Foot Tall Kind) that's a mix of 2 Peavey 5150 4x12" Speaker Cabinets (one Slant cab, one Straight cab) & there's 2 Different Solid State 100-Watt (or Higher) Heads, I've got a decent pedal board going...I'm not some little 12-Year Old Dipsh!t looking for a Handout or anything...

1st Mini-Stack
Marshall MG15MSZW Zakk Wylde Signature Mini-Stack
(15-Watt, Two 1x10" Speaker Cabinets, Looks kinda cool)
Okay, when I was a Kid, my Dad bought me a Marshall Mini Stack called a Marshall Lead 12 & 3-Weeks Later, Some Asshole Coworker of his Gave him another one for Free & was like "Hey, I found this in the Trash on the way to work this morning, uuuh though you might want it" & he brought it home, to me...Now, They were okay I guess, they *DID* sound like all of the Marshall's that I HAD been exposed to by that time or that I've ever owned myself (the only two Marshall Heads EITHER My Father or Myself have owned other then the Lead 12's of course, He Had a Marshall Lead 100 Mosfet in the Late 1980s/Early 1990's...and he had Gibson Les Paul Recording Model, & he was trying for like the "Slash" (of G N' R) Sound, only one Problem; The Lead 100 Mosfet Heas = Solid State Piece of Sh!t, & the Recording Model Les Paul had those Low Impedance Pickups...And those Pickups have NO-BALLS...I have Fender Stratocasters that sound more like a Les Paul then that Les Paul. And Right now I have a Marshall MG100HDFX 100-Watt Solid State Head....Sounds okay...& I Have a Behringer V-Ampire LX1200H head 2x60-Watts Stereo Head which is an INTENSE Digital Modeling Head with like a bunch of Amp Models + A Ton of Speaker Cabinet Models + A Ton of Digital Effects + an FX Loop + All this other ****...it's like a fuking C3P0 Robot from Star Warz for F-Sake....

vs

Dimebag Darrell Mini Stack (Krank Rev Jr)

As Much as I'd like to Claim to know anything about this amp, I've never played one & I've never played a similar Clone...All I know is that I Can't Afford ANY crank Amp, & I need a New Job...that pays me a lot of money...

First I though 5150 that's good, then saw cabinet and then figured, they are sh*t. After that I saw MG100HDFX and V-Ampire LX1200H. You know what? Stacks like that are just ****! They suck balls. They are horrible. I would sell off that and get a REAL AMP. Get a combo of some sort, for that money you'd get of the stack you might be able to get a Mesa of sorts and then you will have A REALLY good amp.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
First I though 5150 that's good, then saw cabinet and then figured, they are sh*t. After that I saw MG100HDFX and V-Ampire LX1200H. You know what? Stacks like that are just ****! They suck balls. They are horrible. I would sell off that and get a REAL AMP. Get a combo of some sort, for that money you'd get of the stack you might be able to get a Mesa of sorts and then you will have A REALLY good amp.

+1
Quote by Lunchbox362
I second the notion of selling off your rig. I'd sell your two current heads and one cabinet. Then use that money to invest in a REAL, tube head. With that kinda money you could get a decent amp actually
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
Quote by chea_man
im not sure what your asking!??!?!?!

Umm he wants to know if the Marshall Ministack or the Krank Rev Jr is better...i thought it was quite obvious. Well the Marshall Ministack (any Marshall solid state amp in that case) is not popular here (quite rightly i guess) so i doubt if anyone's going to recommend it, so i guess you should try the Krank Rev Jr out...?
I just laugh at how me tried to bring the point of his age across so quickly. How he mentioned his EXPENSIVE stuff then he had just about the worst stack combination I've ever seen. Oh well, I suppose this fool deserves some sorta help.

Dude I'll put this short and sweet, your "stack" is a piece of crap. Before you go buying some cheap mini-stack that Marshall brought out to make a quick buck (yeah big surprise, it SUCKS in my view), sell some of that crappy gear you have a make a decent stack. Although I doubt you really need the damn thing. Go tube, best thing you'll ever do. Then come back and ask us how to waste your money in the crappiest possible way.

From the way I see it, you just want a stack to try to look cool. It wont work here buddy. Take our advice... if you really play guitar decently well, you will thank us in the end.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
That's a hell of a wall of text, and I still haven't got a clue what you're actually asking, but in summary...

You have 2 decent cabs
You have 2 crappy amps
You're looking at 2 smaller, but equally crappy amps.

Sell both heads and one of the cabs and buy something like a 5150 head.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
That's a hell of a wall of text, and I still haven't got a clue what you're actually asking, but in summary...

You have 2 decent cabs
You have 2 crappy amps

Sell both heads and one of the cabs and buy something like a 5150 head.

I agree except for the Rev Jr. is crappy implication.

I was a bit skeptical myself so I went to a place called Steve's Music and tried one of these things out.

IT RIPS.

The drive on it was very crisp and aggressive. Not fizzy either like the 5150/6505 amps either. It also has more gain on tap than the Revolution head because it has an extra preamp tube.

Besides that, I completely agree.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Capital Letters All The Time Are Annoying.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Quote by steven seagull

yeah, I usually agree with you most of the time, but you're wrong about that. The Rev Jr is a decent little amp, pricey maybe, but it stomps all over the MG ministack. I'd take it over most lower budget tube amps actually, if you're trying to get metal tones anyway.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Must...resist...posting....pear....

Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'm still confused.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
Quote by Mazz-
& he was trying for like the "Slash" (of G N' R).

That Slash? Really? We all thought you were talking about the other one.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I find it funny, if you read the TS' other posts, he isn't quite sure of when he started playing guitar, at 2 or 3 years old, and thinks that the Vampire is the best amp (only a few models on it actually sound ok for higher gain applications), and mentions his age, his amp, unnecessary use of EMGs, or his father in every post he makes.

I'd say go for the Marshall ministack, I'm quite certain it has slammin overdrive and crushing distortion.

No seriously, I would get a smaller tube combo if you want a low wattage amp to practice on at low volumes. For the price of the Rev Jr. stack you could easily get a nice used 50-100w tube amp that will make you change your mind about that V-ampire.
Quote by Erock503
yeah, I usually agree with you most of the time, but you're wrong about that. The Rev Jr is a decent little amp, pricey maybe, but it stomps all over the MG ministack. I'd take it over most lower budget tube amps actually, if you're trying to get metal tones anyway.

I stand (well, sit) corrected then, by you and H4T3BR33D3R.

It's just a really bizarre post - asking comparisons two amps that only have form factor common between them, and posting that you have tw cruddy solid state amps but not going into any more detail.

What's the deal here TS? You looking at these to replace your current rig, supplement it or just as something random to buy? Either way you want to be sorting out your primary rig before worrying about extra bits and bobs.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I stand (well, sit) corrected then, by you and H4T3BR33D3R.

It's just a really bizarre post - asking comparisons two amps that only have form factor common between them, and posting that you have tw cruddy solid state amps but not going into any more detail.

What's the deal here TS? You looking at these to replace your current rig, supplement it or just as something random to buy? Either way you want to be sorting out your primary rig before worrying about extra bits and bobs.

haha, no argument there at all.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
this is rather confusing, I must say...

sell your stack and your two shiitty amps and buy something awesome instead
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
If this guy hadn't been on this site for two years already I would call troll in an instant.

Even then it's still fishy...

As soon as someone says 'I have a full stack and two 100W or more heads' you should know the thread's going downhill...
Quote by Liberation
Every time I see your avatar I want to slit your neck with a butterknife. Goddamn Pingu.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I agree except for the Rev Jr. is crappy implication.

I was a bit skeptical myself so I went to a place called Steve's Music and tried one of these things out.

IT RIPS.

The drive on it was very crisp and aggressive. Not fizzy either like the 5150/6505 amps either. It also has more gain on tap than the Revolution head because it has an extra preamp tube.

Besides that, I completely agree.

I agree with it being a good amp but would like to say that you can get far more **** tone on the Krank than a 5150. As long as you eq well it is a very good amp. However it has 3 12ax7's while the Rev 1 has 4 so the gain comment is false. Unless you refer to poweramp breakup adding to the gain then that would be correct. I say this having owned the Krank and now owning the 6505.