Okay, I played a couple of Takamines in my local music store yesterday and I fell in love with one. I don't remember the exact model but I believe it was one of the EGS G Series models. I thought it had a great feel to it, but what is everyones experience with Takamines?
The same.
Whenever I play a Takamine a feeling of deep and tender love fills my heart, mixed with regrets that I can't afford one and that I am, let's face it, not a good enough player to really deserve one.
These sad feelings wear off after a couple of days though, so just hold on and you'll be fine.
Well the thing is, I can afford it. My birthday is coming up soon and I've already been told if I want a new guitar now is the time to get it. So I'm thinking highly of this Takamine but wanted to know what everybody else's experiences were.
My first guitar was a EG-240. I think it's out of production now, but the 230 is still being made. It was a nice guitar and more than served its purpose. Now the neck is warped and action extremely high. I should have taken better care of it, but I'd suggest you make sure you are familiar with the warranty, or simply get a better quality model. Of course, mine could have been an exception.

Good luck!
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by lespaulsg09
Well the thing is, I can afford it. My birthday is coming up soon and I've already been told if I want a new guitar now is the time to get it. So I'm thinking highly of this Takamine but wanted to know what everybody else's experiences were.

Happy birthday to you (3X)
Happy birthday lespaulsg09
Happy birthday to you
.....you lucky bluffer. Long may you live to enjoy this precious gift.
Too bad my friends and family always drink more than they bring in on my birthday.

Quote by la bamba
My first guitar was a EG-240. I think it's out of production now, but the 230 is still being made. It was a nice guitar and more than served its purpose. Now the neck is warped and action extremely high. I should have taken better care of it, but I'd suggest you make sure you are familiar with the warranty, or simply get a better quality model. Of course, mine could have been an exception.

Good luck!

I wonder if the neck is really warped, not simply in need of basic set up. You've had a skilled guitar technician look at it? If not, please do a poor Takamine fan a favour and get an educated opinion on this matter, or else I'll come round to pick it up.
Last edited by Marcel Veltman at Apr 21, 2008,
Quote by jimtaka
i think they are good guitars at good prices.

+1

I own one, and whilst I've played better guitars, for the price its difficult to beat.