my english teacher once asked me a question(not relating to english)

one time my english teacher was like "when u own property do u just own above ground or do u own all thats beneath it? if there was oil or sumthin underneath ur house would u own that too?
No.
the government would find a way of owning it.
Quote by Mud Martian
Dont be an idiot! The only way staying awake for three days could be anywhere near beneficial is if you are,

A) Writing a hit album.
B) Behind enemy lines.
C) Writing a hit album behind enemy lines!
Your English teacher has horrible spelling. And I believe you do own the oil, but the only thing to do is sell it.
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
You'd own it, but then the government would make the bank foreclose your house and if you can't pay it off then take your oil.

Think about it this way, you're allowed to dig on your own lawn right? So you DO own all the soil beneath, but the government would probably take it away somehow if you had oil under it.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
But then what about the land on the opposite side of the world? Do you have to share your oil?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
But then what about the land on the opposite side of the world? Do you have to share your oil?

I think you'd just own it to the center of the earth.
But then theoretically if scientists found a way to get there and end up under your land, you can arrest them for trespassing? lol.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
You own the plot of land. Therefore anything within its designated area is yours. Excluding, say, frisbees or balls that other people accidentally throw in there.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
you only own 10 feet down, which means you can't go anywhere past your basement, unless its for repairs. at least in canada thats how it is. I only know this because a similar case popped up in alberta, where a farmer somehow found oil under his land, and the government seized it because it was more than 10 feet under.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by muse-ik
you only own 10 feet down, which means you can't go anywhere past your basement, unless its for repairs. at least in canada thats how it is. I only know this because a similar case popped up in alberta, where a farmer somehow found oil under his land, and the government seized it because it was more than 10 feet under.

But surely they would need to reach the oil through his ten feet of land?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by zeppelinboy77
Ah you guys are no help im going to look it up on google

you have learned your lesson, methinks!
i own everything, especially noobs! hardee har
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
Man it feels just like anal sex, I think; I'm still a virgin

Quote by nebiru
Goose is my Hero.

Quote by Xeus
Yeah, if you get the shag in before she's your legal sister the incest is over turned
It depends on your country.

In some countries you own to the centre of the earth in others you get a certain depth.

I can't see the point in owning to the centre of the earth. Do you own the air above your house too?
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.