The incredibly low tuning called drop A (AEADF#B) on a 24.75 inch scaled guitar? I'm auditioning for a rather big Belgian death metal band and will definately need to resetup my guitar.

Thanks!
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
.13 probably.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

You could get away with using a set of 12's or so for drop A, depending on how much tension you like in your strings. But my recommendation is to either
A) get a custom set put together starting from somewhere around a 60 gauge min or so for the low A then work from that to about a 13 for the high B.
B) Buy a baritone set
C) Buy a heavy 7 string set and miss off the high string (you will have a wound 3rd though).
Last edited by hmmm_de_hum at Apr 19, 2008,
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
You could get away with using a set of 12's or so for drop A, depending on how much tension you like in your strings. But my recommendation is to either
A) get a custom set put together starting from somewhere around a 60 gauge min or so for the low A then work from that to about a 13 for the high B.
B) Buy a baritone set
C) Buy a heavy 7 string set and miss off the high string (you will have a wound 3rd though).

yeah, i did the 7 string thing with my guitar because i play in B and Drop A. i would recommend doing the same. but you'll have 4 bass strings instead of 3, which doesnt bother me. but go for a larger 6th string, go for 59 and up.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.