Hey

I write and record on my own with my gear at home.. But because Im on my own I only ever really write acoustic songs. I wanna have a go at riffing and recording something heavy but really dont know where to begin. Any tips?
What equipment do you have?

If you want tips on composing, there are the Songwriting sections.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Check out Marco Benevento and Martin Dosh for the one man band live looping stuff. Crazy musicians, Marco Benevento is an absolute genius.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
Quote by Fast_Fingers
What equipment do you have?

If you want tips on composing, there are the Songwriting sections.

Ive got a line 6 Variax 700 and the Variax workbench software, a line 6 pocket pod and a line 6 toneport ux1 (Im a big fan of Line 6). Ive also got an acoustic takemine and a decent mic. I use my pc to record and use Ableton Live 6 software...I just wondered if its too difficult to pull off without a bassist and a drummer.
Nah it's easy - I am a one man band and I write full stuff - just get some good software and samples to mimic the drums (I use a real bass because fake bass doesn't sound right...) and then start jamming with an electric guitar...
Well, look at getting some looping pedals, so that bass could work...here's an artist who does it well.

As for software, get Ableton Live. The sound's improved in the latest version, and it's used frequently by one man bands.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
If you have good VST plugins you could get by without one. I use a VST plugin for the drums in my music.